NSR Honda - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

NSR Honda

Saw guy rideing one at the Dragon.Are these street legal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 09:54 AM

I have heard of people slipping them by on the DMV. I do not think they are legal in reality. Those bikes are sweet, take a look at the Honda website and select Australia for the country, they have them there along with a bunch of other bikes that are incredible. I think the NSR250 is 6499 Australian, so I wonder what that is here. I would love to get my hands on one and run it on the track.

KNEE DOWN FINGER UP!!!!

That will buff out!!

Women are like parking spaces.....you get in...you get out....and you leave it behind you!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

This guy didn't need a track,he was haveing a blast running with some super motards.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 11:49 AM

NSR?

I was in the bookstore a couple weeks ago and saw a Honda.. one of those "square piston" units for sale still in the crate AND it came with a Japanese tech to get it set up for the purchaser! About 70 thou, as I recall! It was in the Robb Report, I think.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 08:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to SBLars
Try Rising Sun Imports if you want an expensive bike.

NSR 250 for 80K IIRC.

Is your wrist digital or analog?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 09:49 PM

its actually the NSR150 (one cyl two stroke) thats $6500AUD here (about $4k USD) brand new. It still goes tho, for a little bike. Used NSR250s (and Suzuki RGV250s) are still around and cheap - pretty cool, even if you do sound like a chainsaw on methamphetamines!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 03:22 AM

The Suzuki RGV250 and the Aprilia RS250 ( which uses the RGV motor ) were official factory imports here in Aussie. The Honda NSR250 was a grey import.

The choice NSR is the SP with alloy gull swingarm and dry clutch. That thing was a freekin' rocketship and would do most 600's cold.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 05:45 AM

I have an NSR250SE (dry clutch) here in the USA. You can get them titled in some states. They FLY!!! only 275 pounds with a good 60-62 hp at the wheel with pipes/jets.

Im taking mine to the gap this spring...the first trip to the gap was with my 929...too much bike for those tight twisties

Dirk
A monkey can go fast in a straight line.....when they can drag thier knees...I'll be impressed!
00 CBR929rr
92 NC30
92 NSR250se
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 05:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to slaintedan
Here's an awesome NSR250 that just sold on Ebay:http://cgi.lycos.ebay.com/ebaymotors...tem=2403677615

Me for Emperor of America!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 04:38 AM

If you are interested in an NSR250 DO NOT BUY IT FROM www.tradendeal.com !!! SHADY! I got mine from them and it was a pieced together salvage bike. There are about 6-7 other customers of thiers who have waited 3-6 months AFTER paying for bikes and have either not gotten them, picked it up due to not shipping and have had to sink $$$$ into the bikes. Mine has about 40-50 hours of work and 400.00 so far in parts.. Kenneth...the proprieter is great untill he gets your money and then he is a ghost....

STAY AWAY FROM TRADENDEAL>COM. If you are interested...there are other sources out there. They are amazing little3 machines though

Dirk

Dirk
A monkey can go fast in a straight line.....when they can drag thier knees...I'll be impressed!
00 CBR929rr
92 NC30
92 NSR250se
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode