What would be your Dream sports bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

What would be your Dream sports bike?

I'm doing alittle research, and i want to know if you could build your own dream bike, how would you build it?

What color?
What graffics? if any?
What size engine?
How many cylinders?
Would you have ram air?
Would it have a single or double sided swing arm?
Would it have single, double, triple head lights?
Would you build a Pinto $$$ so people could afford it or would build a Ferrari so the rich and famous could only enjoy?
What ever else that you could dream up, please let me know, thanks...

ps
send pics or drawings if you have them?
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 06:56 AM

2002' Yamaha R7
Red/White cause they don't make that color anymore.
701cc displacement
Ram Air
Single Swing Arm
Dual Headlights covered with plastics
The price would have to stay high because of the supply

Here's the closest picture I have.....
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 07:01 AM

Thumbs up

Dragging elbows one-handed.....gotta love it....

Suzuki GSXR 600cc track bike. Penske shock, Ohlins steering dampner, Lindemann forks, Sharkskinz body work, Full Yoshimura RS-3 Titainium / carbon fiber exaust system, Yosh digital tach with built in temp gauge, Yosh clip-ons, WRM rearsets to name a few. Motor was built and tuned by G-force racing engines.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 01:06 PM

Muzzy Raptor... 150 hp @748cc or 178 [email protected]

355 lbs, magnesium single sided swingarm, rims, carbon fiber/ and light compsite bodywork... fcr 41 race carbs, full titanium race pipe....

if i only had the funds.....

heres the specs...
http://www.koups.com/sales/kawasaki/...b750raptor.htm

heres a pic..
http://www.muzzys.com/raptor/index.html

Marco
AZoutlawsrc.com

"ItS nOt TrAdGiC tO dIe DoInG sOmEtHiNg YoU lOvE"

"And now THE answer to why Kawasaki's are heavier:
It is a factory added handicap that allows riders on other bike brands a chance to Keep up with you!"
- Sportcycles.....
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Banned

Buy a y2k. Looks like a kaw zx-7 but it is a little longer. and it has a helicopter jet engine. Sounds like a f-15 going down the street. Super fast no busa is going to touch that and it is only around $150,000.00
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2003, 12:09 AM

dream bike

Well if it was my dream bike then it wouldn't be one out there now, and it would have technology that isn't out there now. It would have a body similar to the tl1000r. It would have an adjustable engine size. It would go from 50cc (for putting around town where speed limit is 25), to 1300cc. It would have the ducati lights but three vertical instead of two. It would have 130's on the front and 190's on the back. It would only weigh 200lbs. It would be black with blue lightning bolts. It would be four stroke in-line 4 with quadruple exhaust (2 undertail like 04r1 and 2 high mount sides). All 4 pipes would be D&D pipes, but with adjustable sound levels from stealth to blow your eardrums out.

I know some of you are going like this , but the topic of this was dream bikes and this would be mine!

Stop judging people you fat ugly loser!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2003, 04:29 AM

A street legal Ducati Moto GP Bike built with Honda Quality for $30K and an extended warranty.

Steve Sallberg
Anderson, SC
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 03:50 AM

I always hoped Ducati would build a street legal version of the Supermono. Saw Cathcart on one at Phillip Island once. The sound was awesome.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 02:25 AM

not sure

A motoGP bike would be the shyt, but realisticly the average joe couldn't ride a beast like that so I'd pick something that I could actually ride without killing myself. I'd say something rare and in mint condition like...

NR750
RC30
R7
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 12:24 PM

For colours I'd want black or charcoal-grey, something that would give it a sinister street-fighter look without catching unwanted attention from local authorities. I'd keep away from graphics, just nice and understated, but I like the idea of having the frame and wheels painted a contrasting colour like red.

The engine would be a 998 or 999 displacement and either a V4 or V-twin, something with attitude and an exotic flare. I'd like five valves per cylinder and fuel injection to keep up with the times and ram air through a single air duct.

I'd go with a double sided MotoGP style swing-arm only for the performance advantage. I'd have 2 headlights on the race-rep version and 1 on the naked version.

As for price, as much as it had to be in order to ensure the absolute best. I'd also sell a limited number in order to keep demand up.

Drink what you want, drink what you're able. If you are drinking with me, you'll be under the table.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode