Fire Bolt Delays?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Fire Bolt Delays??

Can anyone shed some light on the Firebolt delays?
Some dealers have gotten one, maybe two if lucky, other dealers none at all yet?
I've heard problems with the idler pulley was an issue, and in the recent edition of Performance Bike magazine (published in the UK) they broke the drive belt on BOTH the demo's they used for the magazine article.
I have a source that works for Buell, and he will say nothing about any Buell model, nor will he confirm or deny any rumor. He says that the media leak with the V-Rod has everyone at Buell tight lipped, however, he did tell me that they have Firebolts stacked to the ciling ready to ship. What's the delay?
Also, I heard rumors of a full faired model. Has anyone heard of additional models built on the Firebolt chassis, or any other chassis-engine configuration?

Curt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 08:04 AM

I was with Buell at their West Coast Tour last week and got the answer to this directly from their corporate staff.

There is some hang up with CARB (California Air Resource Board) that is delaying the release in CA.

The ones you see at the dealers apparently have some starter component removed to satisfy the nazis who are afraid that some evil dealership employee will fire one up for a customer to hear and pollute our virgin air.

We had one Firebolt show up to the open house at San Diego Harley-Buell and it was a 49-state bike.

At our October 10th track day at Thunderhill, we're doing a special deal for Buell BRAG members (Buell Riders Adventure Group), and there may possibly be a Firebolt available for demo rides (we're working hard on getting one out there at least!).

Buell is a great company and their staff is fanatically loyal to the brand...and the Firebolt looks like a step in the right direction for them. I personally have never ridden a Buell, but the owners seem to appreciate the novelty of an American sportbike, even if it's not on par with the Japanese bikes in performance or reliability. But then again...neither was my Ducati 900 Superlight...and I loved it dearly. To each his own...

Todd Robinson
Sales & Event Director
Pacific Track Time
http://www.pacifictracktime.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode