Any Firebolt/XB9R owners?????? - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mfell2112
I don't own one but seen a few of them. I could not take them for test rides because they were all sold. Every last one of them. I don't think there will be anymore available for awhile. It looks to be a masterpiece of engineering though.

Mike
No problem Mike, my local dealer has a showroom full of em - and they are selling em cheap...

Steve
01 929
01 ex2fity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 01:57 PM

i own a firebolt, white one. it is a wonderful bike. brakes are wonderful. the bike looks good too. if you are looking for a "race" bike this is not what u want. dont get me wrong. compared to tl, crb or gsxr, they will eat my xb alive. but when it comes to the corner, then the xb will absolutely eat them alive.. all of them at once. there is so much torque on it. but for a street bike. i would recommend it. it wheelie very easily, about 4500 rpm on 2nd gear, u can do the same on 1st gear. the suspension is great. it really needs to be dialed in to have more fun riding it, otherwise you will probably hate the bike just by the suspension alone. but once you dial it in, they are great. you will not be disappointed.
by the way.. i used to ride a gsx r 600 (2000) and R6 (2002)

go buy one
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 11:35 AM

I have an xb9r. I also ride with a bunch of CBR, RR, GIXR's and alot of other things. I love this bike. But again you wont keep up with a 600 on the straights but because of the size, you'll kill everything on the twisties.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 06:35 AM

Still got the XB9R

Still enjoying my Firebolt.
Only minor mods now-XB12 air cleaner cover, iridium spark plugs, race filter.
Will probably add a Race ECM and Drummer pipe later this year.

Mike.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 03:50 PM

Just got my XB12R. Nice!! Black with gold rim and race kit with D&D exhaust.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:44 PM

New to the site, but thought I'd give my ..I have about 12K miles on my XB9R and here is my un-biased (as possible) review.
First of all, the bike looks bitchin' There is nothing else like it. I go to the Rock Store, the Ortegas, Zorba's Bike night, Palomar or my own bike night and I am (usually) the only Buell there. Here in SoCali, most of the guys have got to have the latest, greatest _________ (insert your favorite Japanese sport bike here), so I ride with a lot of different types of bikes. Most of my coworkers ride sport bikes, and I had no trouble keeping up with them on the highways (though, truth be told, most of them could out run me on the open highway). So I love the power, the handling is unlike anything else I have ridden in the past, oh 30 yrs or so.
It wheelies easily, stops on a dime and cruises around town. While I am not tall (5'9" on a good day), I have no problem with the seat height. The bike is heavy, but is packaged so well, you don't notice it.
Now the flip side of the coin....for me the dealer supports flat sucks! There are several HD dealers in my area, but most of them treat me like a red-headed step child. Yeah, they'll work on her, but it always takes forever and the work is usually shoddy (air box screws left loose or missing, etc). If I had the space, tools and, well hell, the talent, I'd do the work myself, screw the dealers. All in all, if I had to do it all over, I'd buy the Buell again (but damn, gotta luv the RC51 too). Ride safe guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in