Any Firebolt/XB9R owners?????? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 10:10 PM

Unlike the reviews I've heard of the RC-51 where you won't feel power comming on until around the 'bolt's redline. Might be good for the track, but I wouldn't really want it tooling around my neighborhood.

- Both myself and my buddy thought the front end had a wobble in it. Almost like a VERY mild headshake, but ALL THE TIME. Maybe something is out of alignment or balance. -

This kind of bothers me. I've heard quite the contrary in all the pro reviews. I hope it's just a suspension setup issue. Maybe once it's tweeked out a little it will straighten up. If it doesn't clear up quick I'd take it back and have the dealer check it out. Hopefully they know what they are doing and will catch any anomolies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 06:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
the mild head shake sounds more like a tire problem to me. if it is, it will get worse. i'd take it to the deal asap.

i haven't ridden one yet.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 01:54 AM

Cool

Im only 17 and Im hoping to buy (doing the payment plan dance of course) a Buell Firebolt as a first vehicle. no street racing cars for me, just give me a good American made crotch rocket (so tired of seeing import bikes on the road) and some winding roads

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 11:18 PM

Good luck on getting the bike. Although alot of the imports are very well made bikes after a while they all seem to look the same to me i love having a bike that gets two looks when you go buy and that v twin screaming at 6000 rpm's sounds really cool. I love twins after i get my lightning paid off i really want a aprillia. I will however never get rid of my lightning it is just too much fun. Good luck.

P.S. although you might not like imports too much ive found that i have made more friends with import riders than the harley guys, plus they are not as fun to ride with

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by phatkidwit1eye
and that v twin screaming at 6000 rpm's sounds really cool.

No offense intended but as an 'Import' rider this statement is hysterical.

PS I want a Firebolt and have little against Buell (HD can KMA however )
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus

No offense intended but as an 'Import' rider this statement is hysterical.

PS I want a Firebolt and have little against Buell (HD can KMA however )

ya i guess if your not used to the short power band 6000 is probly your cruising speed.......none the less it still sounds cool. ya i cant stand hd either i hate having to go to there stealerships to buy stuff cause they treat you like crap and have no clue about your bike My advice to any to be firebolt owners go to a dealership that has been carying buells for a while cause the others dont know shit. if you ask them for help setting up your suspension all they will tell you is umm...i dunno but i bet i could hang some cool chrome from it

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 01:12 PM

Thumbs up XB9R owner

I've had my Firebolt for a couple months/ 1700 miles. It fits me like a glove. Extremely pleased with it. I had a decent review of it on SBN . So far people I've been in contact with either hate it or love it. No in between, it seems. What do you want to know about it?
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 02:04 PM

The bolt is a great all around bike. Won't kill you in traffic and you can hanve plently of fun in the twisties. The bike handles great IMO. It vibrates at an idle worse than once you are moving. The low in torque makes it a wheelie monster also. If you are doing a lot of HWY riding then you might not be completely happy with a bike like this.

Here is a picture of our Bolt.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 07:14 PM

1fastchick

Love the paint job on your bolt.
I had to do a double take. It looked like a funny lighting at first then I realized it was a yellow Bolt (only seen them in the factory blue, white/blue, white/orange).

I just bought my Buell 1 week ago. Due to rain, and my wanting to do the Riders Edge course I have barely touched the bike.

I do like what I have seen so far, and I like that I dont see many of them around. I didnt buy my first bike to go screaming down the freeway at 100+ miles an hour. I bought my first bike because I wanted something that was fun to ride and had some class to it. Originally I was going to get a XB9R, but in the end, changed my mind to the XB9S.

Looking forward to doing that Riders Edge course this week.

AustinRider

ps.. What are some of the more visited Buell boards? (Please dont abreviate, but give something I Can do a google search for)
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:02 PM

Waiting for the XB12R

Been riding and modifying my X1 for a while now, went to demo a new Firebolt about a month ago. Here are my notes: 1. Super light weight contributes to sharp handling and quick stopping. 2. Front inside-out brake system is trick looking, but feels vague and can't match the outright stopping power of the top import sportbikes. 3. Motor revs quicker, but lacks the monster torque of earlier Buells, and especially my X1 (which makes 121 hp and 109 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheel) 4. The Firebolt, and all new Buells, for that matter, have a proprietary engine design that DOES NOT interchange with H-D Sportsters. This means the infinite universe of aftermarket go-fast goodies available for the H-D motors is no longer applicable to these bikes. With the rumored hp and torque numbers for the XB12R, this shouldn't be a problem, since it'll make more than most people will ever use. 5. If you've ever owned a Ducati or repli-racer japanese import, you'll appreciate the LACK of valve gear adjustments during regular maintenance. This makes it easier to do all the maintenance yourself...good if you're intelligent and well equipped, bad if you're an ignorant redneck with a hammer and some Vice-Grips. 6. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're part of the Harley-Davidson family, and can join "The Lifestyle." If you're bike handles well, brakes well, has sticky tires and a fully adjustable suspension, doesn't drag and throw sparks at the whisper of a corner, doesn't weight at least 100 lbs more than when it came from the factory due to all the gawdawful tacky chrome shit you've tacked on, and doesn't position your feet 4 feet in front of your ass, you are not a member of the Harley club, regarless of whether your bike was made in Milwaukee or not. Trust me on this, I work at a Harley shop. Showing up at a Harley rally on a Buell just points you out as another clueless wannabe outlaw trying to be something he's not. 7. Buying into the Buell philosophy is about just being unique. Most japanese sportbikes 600cc's and up will chase you down and leave you for dead with the right rider aboard. But they're all cookie-cutters in appearance and engineering. Being unique means you don't quite fit in with ANYONE. Embrace that. In a pack of angry bumblebee sounding sportbikes, a thundering Buell gets noticed quickly. The Firebolt is a good bike. The XB12R will be great. My X1 may be gathering dust soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode