"Perfect" superbike front end? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

"Perfect" superbike front end?

Which bike(s) could I use to build the "perfect" front end for vintage superbike racing? I've got the frame I want to use, but I'm looking for the parts to meet the rules, from as few different bikes as possible (minimizing the machining & extra brackets).

I'm looking for:

-41mm forks, not USD, not cartridge type, with compression & rebound damping adjustments
-2 piston brake calipers (one piston per side, total of 2 per caliper). Solid not sliding mounting.
-17" x 3.5" front wheel, not hollow spoke. I think the CBR600F2 wheels would be legal, but not any wheel with a round or hollow spoke cross-section. Ideally, the same bike would also have a 17"x4.5" rear wheel, but it isn't absolutely necessary

So, is there one bike out there with all of this? If not, which (2?) bikes could be combined to build up this front end?

Looking forward to the suggestions!
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 AM

As per your certification, i want to inform you that i have not more knowledge about the parts and mechanism about bike. Therefore i could not able to tell you that which parts you have to use for this features vintage bike.

www.sportbikeworld.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in