82 suzuki gs 750 t parts - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

82 suzuki gs 750 t parts

well lets start of telling you a little about me and my bike.

I just started riding this year and did what it sounds like most people do while starting off. I laid my bike down. I have an 82 suzuki gs750 t I know its a long name. But any way. I am trying to learn how to ride before i go to a saftey course. (probably doing that backwards... but oh well) I was coming to a stop light and it turned yellow so what do i do get excited and grab the brake ( a little to hard) and then take a tumbel. Don't worry I am fine (if any one wanted to know) I have some road rash and a brusied knee. (being the genius i am I was wearing only the best saftey gear jeans, old boots, t-shirt, and luckly a full face helmet.) I was mainly wondering where if any where I could find replacement parts without paying an arm and a leg.

Here is a list of needed things before i put it on the road again.

1. speedo and tach
2. clutch lever
3. the left side engine cover

I bought this bike cause it was so cheap... but i didn't know it would be so hard to find stuff for it. Also the guy that had it before me "customized it" for me. He put raisers for the handel bars however, he used dirt bike handle bars that are smothe as most of you know and i have been told that most motorcycles handel bars have a sort of lock to keep them from moving. (this is a reason that i took the tumbel) hit the breaks too hard handel bars twist down and i go down. not sure if I can do something to use these again of try to find a way to get the oems back on...

well enough of my mindless banter... if you can help any or have any questions or just want to poke fun at me feed back would be great.

Thanks for all of your help in advance,

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 12:39 PM

Do a Google Search on "Motorcycle Salvage". You are bound to find a place that has what you are looking for.

Many of the larger salvage companies are interconnected electronically, so you can submit a search with one of them and it will look for your desired part across dozens of salvage companies.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks but it seems most of the bike salvage yards don't have my style bike or they went out of business...

I already checked e-bay too... They had some things but not a lot of any thing.

Thanks for all your help.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 03:22 PM

Just don't give up and here you'll find something.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 AM

We all know that Suzuki is one of the top brand in bikes and they produce many sports bikes to us. I love those sports bikes, which are produce by Suzuki. Suzuki gs 750 is also great bike with nice suspension and great pick up with nice look.

www.sportbikeworld.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:18 AM

How To Choose The Right Video-Game Console

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode