Best Bike for Period 4 Vintage Racing - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Best Bike for Period 4 Vintage Racing

The classes are for bikes between the year 1983 and 1989.

They are:
F1. Up to 1000cc four stroke twins, up to 750cc multi cylinder* four strokes, up to 500cc two stroke two or more cylinder.

F2. Up to 750cc four stroke twins, up to 600cc multi cylinder* four strokes, 250cc two stroke GP bikes, a 250GP frame with a production engine will run in this class

F3. Unlimited four stroke singles, up to 500cc two stroke singles, up to 400cc two stroke, street based twins and triples (must have original frames, cylinder blocks and engine casings), up to 400cc four stroke four cylinders, up to 650cc four stroke twins, 125cc two stroke GP bikes.

What would be your best choice for the Clase F2 or F3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 10:39 AM

I used to race back then and I loved the way my RZ350 could beat up on the VFR500, GPZ550, GS550, Seca 550 bikes. I also had a GPZ550 and was not competitive enough until I switched over to the RZ. Another bike that did really well was the FJ600, it even did well in the 750cc class.

If I got back into racing I think that I would like to try that class again, too
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 10:58 AM

I remember riders seeking the gsxr 1100 or gsxr 750 for road racing in 1985 because all you had to do was diff exhaust sprockets and safety wire and you could race on track and win if you really knew how to ride...

plus suzuki was running some type of reward plan for those who
rode a gsxr to victory lane...hell i would have to look it up in my collection of mcycle mags dating back to 1982.

I was told once in the past 85, or 86 that you could take a gsxr1100 engine and put it in the 750 frame...true? i dont know for sure but it would be a wild ride...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 01:52 PM

Sorry pls delete...posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited by Sambuca; 12-18-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode