Any Honda V4 riders? - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 08:21 AM

Hey guys....I'm looking at a 86 500 Intercepter with 30,000km on itfor $2000 from a local dealer...good /bad? Bike looks clean and well cared for with no smoke when shes running....
BTW My first post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:56 AM

Offer the dealer $1500..and ask for a list of anything they have done to the bike..If it was a trade in ask if they did an inspection and ask for the previous owners name and address so you make contact them about the bikes service record..

The Vf500F is a great machine and they handle great and they are fast for a 500...My ex wife had a VF500 and i enjoyed riding the bike .
Be sure to check tires, brakes, oil, and the inside of the gas tank for rust... also check chain, sprockets...
If you do buy the bike get at least a 90 day warranty on the engine and drive train..Good luck..

Be sure to get riding gear, helmet, boots,jacket, gloves...

Last edited by Nailer45; 02-08-2006 at 09:58 AM.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:29 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks Nailer45....I'm gonna take a second look at it today and make an offer...after a closer inspection....

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 02:43 PM

Re: Any Honda V4 riders?

Quote:
Originally posted by AlwaysNewbie
:raises hand

Got a VF500 F, unfortunately the engine is locked and will have to rebuild the engine, but I've always loved the bike!
Couple of my friends bought a 250 ceptor that was locked up..They pulled the spark plugs and drained the oil .replaced drain plug and filled the engine with kerosine and let it set for 2 weeks .. They finally got the motor to break loose and are riding the bike around..
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Strength and Honor

That seems like a high cost to me, but I'm always thinking in $USD.

$1k is what an average miniceptor goes for around here.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 12:58 PM

I have an '84 v65 Sabre. Some will say it's not a sportbike, and in today's terms it's not. I also owned the '83 Interceptor (2 actually) which was a true sprotbike in its day. I just like the smooth v4 power....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in