The ORIGINAL hurricane - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

The ORIGINAL hurricane

I have bought an 87 honda hurricane 600 and it is running pretty well except for one thing. When I have been riding for a while I will make a stop at a light and the bike idels really low and dies. the only way to keep it running at stop is to choke it alot. I dont know if it is a valve timing issue, idle speed or mixture, anyone know? another question I have is on a tech trick that I saw. It said to place washers to rise up the jet needle a little to make your bike run richer, they compared it to the same results as a jet kit. Anyone know if this trick is worth trying or bogus. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 03:19 PM

Sick CBR

Well, it could be a LOT of different things, but sounds like bad carbueration. On a bike that old, the carbs may be overdue for a complete rebuild.

I think it is fairly common to put washers in to rise the level of needles within a carb. Not sure if this will help your situation or not.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 02:17 PM

Re: Sick CBR

Quote:
Originally posted by zxrider
Well, it could be a LOT of different things, but sounds like bad carbueration. On a bike that old, the carbs may be overdue for a complete rebuild.

I think it is fairly common to put washers in to rise the level of needles within a carb. Not sure if this will help your situation or not.
I would imagine carb issue is the at the forefront, but zxrider is right, if the bike has been sitting, it could anything from the carbs, to the battery, maybe the Stator, bad gas mixture in the lines, air cleaner, etc.

Those are great bikes though, the original beast!! way cool.

Something like this ?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 10:56 PM

i used to have one too

but simple things first, have you adjusted the idle speed? does it still die even if you raise it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode