87 ninja 250 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

87 ninja 250

just got 87 ninja 250 my first bike got it for free runs good carbs need rebuilding was dropped once ferrings are trashed any one have any advice know where i can get ferrings for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 01:49 PM

87 Ninja 250 bodywork

Although mechanically similar, the 86-87 Ninja 250 bodywork is COMPLETELY different from the 88-04 model.
Since the bike was only made for 2 years, and it is 17 years old now, it's gonna be really hard to find bodywork for that particular bike. I've already surfed around everywhere for it, and can't find anything.

You might have to just bite the bullet and order it from Kawasaki, which will be expensive. Otherwise, you might try E-bay.

Is the bodywork THAT totally trashed? If it's salvageable at all, you might want to see if an auto body shop can repair it. That would be your cheapest solution.

I'll keep looking around and post another message if I find anything.

Good luck!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

87 250 ninja

thanks for the reply i did happen to find one aftermarket company called airtech that does make body work for the bike still alittle exspensive but cheaper than kawasaki they only posted on there web site 88-04 but after calling them they said they do make it i'd still like to try to find it used if i can i don't plan on having it on the road untill next spring and i dont't plan on keeping it more than a year or 2 will get bigger bike so i don't want to put to mutch money into it. I did not think of bringing it to a body shop maybe i'll try that there scratched up and one has a small hole rear ferrings are like new. Thanks for the help let me know if you find any thing
o9stacked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode