Turbocharged bikes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Question

Does anybody still have an old Honda, Suzuki, or Kawasaki turbo? and do they still ride it much? How has the motor and turbo held up? I remember them and every now and then will see one for sale in the newspaper. They were neat bikes, both the Honda and Suzuki became a pretty good sport touring bike and the Kawasaki was a hot one at the dragstrips. A couple of people tried to roadrace them but didn't like the instant boost coming out of the turns and sliding sideways
There is a GPZ Turbo for sale in Houston. 16,000 original miles, $3500 obo. It looks perfect in the picture. If anyone is interested call 713-882-3910 or email him at [email protected]

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 05:35 AM

Talking

i got one of thoes turbo's love it bike has 20,000 miles onit never replaced any thing on it still smoke the big boys with it
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 08:20 AM

hello

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 06:22 PM

What is a Turbo Seca worth? I almost bought one for 500 bucks, but got a baby 'Ceptor instead
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 03:52 PM

I have a Kaw 750 turbo along with a 00 ZX6R. The boost coming on suddenly was never a problem. If you keep the revs up, it's just there like any other bike. The problems with road racing them would be there without a turbo. Man I wish that thing would turn and stop like the 6r! With a piston kit, a garret T-2, and a few other goodies it runs so strong.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 08:17 AM

My buddie's got an '82 or '83? Seca 650 Turbo sitting in his garden shed. We used to rip around on it as teenagers and it's been sitting for the last couple of years. It's basically in running condition, the turbo still works (apparently....you can feel the boost come on and the boost gauge moves), but the fibreglasss bodywork isn't all the great (not too bad though). He called a local motorcycle wrecker and they offered him a couple hundred bucks. I'm sure anyone could have it for $400-$500 (Cdn.). We've considered using the motor and brakes to build a 100hp go-cart, but it hasn't got past the idea stage so far.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 09:02 AM

there are 2 in north florida here for $500 each in good condition, its to far to drive or else I'd go take a look.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 11:21 PM

If that seca turbo runs and i could drive it home. Id buy it in a heartbeat! then it would be my tour bike.

My zx1000 is a pretty comfy bike but i want to set that up for racing.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 02:06 PM

Hahaha!

Two years later... and the bike is still in the garden shed here.

It's anybody's who wants it for a couple hundred bucks (Canadian! ).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode