Couple problems w/ 75 CB200T - Pic! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Question Couple problems w/ 75 CB200T - Pic!

First time riding the bike...... I sprayed the carbeurators with some cleaner, push started the bike and rode. Once warmed the bike would not shut off when coming to a stop. I have noticed a couple problems so far:

1) with fuel switch pointing down (main tank) gas drips from the circled line. I know it happens when sitting at idle, but can't tell when riding. Choke is off.

2) When I use the right or left turn signals they do not blink. They (front and rear) will just stay constantly lit.

3) Front brakes aren't worth a $hit!!

Bike is a 75 or 76 Honda CB200T

Thanks for any help!

PS <> I can live with the turn signals, brakes need to fixed, and I think the fuel problem is the BIGGEST. I will only be riding to the gym which is ALL residential roads.

Just a learner bike until I get my 04' VLX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Dad

Not sure but I think that line is the float bowl overflow. That would indicate that the float needle is leaking past, not uncommon for one that's been sitting. Turning the gas off at the tank and running until the bike runs out of the gas that's in the float bowl and line, then turning the gas on again, may clear debris trapped between the needle and seat. Not too hopeful but sometimes it works and costs nothing to try. Otherwise, take carb apart and clean out. That might not be a bad idea because the idle circuits plug easily and they won't usually clear out on there own. Hope that helps.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for the info! In a couple hours I am going to ride her again. The battery is still charging now. I'll try the one way first with running the bike with the fuel OFF until it stalls. Then try the main tank. I'll also ask the lady at work tomm. who I bought the bike from about the recent maintenance performed on the bike. I could of swore she said the carberators were just cleaned out. I also think she said the brakes were just replaced. Thanks again for the info!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode