1984 GPz750 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

1984 GPz750

So I have started today rebuilding myKawi GPz750. It's sat for a long, long time. I am going to pull the motor and have it looked at to make sure nothings seized or it won't blow up the first time I start it. After that it's a complete paint job.
I was thinking about making it into a street fighter type of look. Getting rid of the top fairing, putting some dual headlights up there. Anyone know where you can buy these custom parts? I also need a new header, 4 in 1 prefered (the bike is jetted for a 4 in 1) and a lower fairing like they had on the GPZ1100.
Any help or hints is much appreciated. Kawasaki Green this time! It's my first bike so I am acyually looking forward to bringing it back to life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

This forum is dead.

Well I found a bike that looks like simular to what I want to do.
The engine is in good shape the carbs are bad but thats expected. A mouse used Cylinder #3 for rice storage (hahaha gives new meaning to the term Rice Burner) But I drained the oil and it looked great, turned the rear wheel over in 2 gear and the compression was great nothing seized. I was thinking about dumping some deisel fuel into the crankcase and rocking the bike around to clean anything out of there that may be clinging to things, any comments on that idea?
Well anyways the carbs will take me a few days to clean up so I won't be starting it until the end of the week but I am excited about the project. I was thinking a metalic silver frame with black fenders and the body work in Kawi Green. Opinions?
Heres what I have in mind, I found it on a web page in the UK.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Another one...

Heres another nice one same idea.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 02:33 PM

I think you can find the lowers on ebay right now. I'm not sure when it was to end, but I saw them recently.
I just got my GPZ 750 turbo back on the road a few days ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode