Any sportbike restorers out there ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Any sportbike restorers out there ?

Since I recently scored a 1986 Ninja 600, I'm interested in hearing from others who might be restoring pre-1990 sport bikes. Especially Ninjas, of course. I basically want to do a frame-off restoration on this thing. I'd like to restore it to original colors and decals, so I'd be real interested in knowing where to get stuff like that.

Is there such a thing as a Kawasaki VIN decoder that will tell me what my bike's original configuration was based on the VIN #? The one on the Kawasaki website isn't much help. It just says "nothing available".

I'd also like to find out if there are still performance parts available for it, such as stroker kits, lightweight pistons, etc. as well as higher performance braking components.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 07:36 PM

I have one of those bikes too ! I told my bro that he can have it but he hasn't picked it up yet. Sorry I can't help with your parts search, I never needed much for it other than OEM style stuff, but it runs great except for the clutch noise and it looks like a POS, oh and I think the frame is messed up, but other than the frame and body, it doesn't need much!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 08:58 AM

We specialize in doing just what your looking for as far as body work goes. I can duplicate the decals that you need and color scheme for your bike, What we do is plastic welding and painting, we have repaired quite a few badly damage body parts on bikes that the option of getting new plastic is out of the question,, you can send me a PM if you have any questions..Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode