does a square peg fit a round hole? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

does a square peg fit a round hole?

i originally posted this in "how do i" but recieved no response, so maybe i've got the wrong place?? any way here i go..i have an 87 fzr 1000 and from what i've read the bike is idenical in almost every aspect from 87 to 89 i know they changed the engine mounting angle in 90. i was planning a major rebuild this winter but would like to buy one already done to save cash if a great deal presents itself. can i use any other year engines?? say early 90's ? does anyone know where i can obtain this sort of info. on swaps ect.?? thanks to anyone who can help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 05:49 AM

my advise would be to ask your local yamaha mechanic, they have to know info like this in order to be certified, atleast thats what I'm told. my local honda guy was a huge help when I wrecked my 84 cb750f super sport. got all kinds of info and used it to find my parts off ebay.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

yeah, i've been surfin ebay alot... i think it's addictive... just press a button and it's at my door.. what a great concept:>) aas for the mechanic ,, i found intelligence is definately NOT a requirement to be a mechanic here on cape cod(ma.) i usually get "why bother. we have great incentives on new bikes right now.."i say great. as soon as i get done paying 23,000 for a piece of @#$% grocery getter in my driveway.. i'll be sure to come back and buy a bike that will depreciate 33% faster than it can do a 1/4 mile.. thanks for taking the time out to respond..

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 07:14 AM

no problem, heres another idea, now that I have a cb750 I belong to a mailing list , looking through the lists I noticed there are several hundred just under motorcycles. try here I did a quick search, there are most likely 2 or three lists just for your bike, these guys really know there stuff usually. check it out and tell me if you find anything

http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/moto/mailing-lists.html
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

thanks greatly... you've been a great help.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 03:34 PM

Question na or aa

It sounds like you are in a aa or na group or something
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

no,-not aa or na SA SPORT BIKE ANNONOMOUS.. maybe i should be in spelling school too
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 04:19 AM

hey fzr did you ever find the right info, if so hows the project going
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

EXCELLENT . so far i've collected a new upper,seat,rear shock,tires,and have a leed on some serious engine components... i'm selling the farm (my lincoln mark 8) so i can do a full rebuild...i found out the carbs were never jetted,thats why i couldn't dail it in right. so i took 2 disks out of the supper trap exhaust effectively adding back pressure. wow, what a difference!! sharp as a razor blade.... i'm really not sold on the look of the supper trap but it's adjustability can't be beat..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode