cafe racer/streetfighters - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

cafe racer/streetfighters

hey guys, just checking in, I've been working on my bike, I got it running again, I'm working on a new fender and headlight for it and a new tail light(which will be slightly custom), after that I want to get lower handle bars and bar end mirrors and maybe a little fairing like the one on buells. what do you guys think? lets see some picks of your guys bikes, we need more originality here! lets start up a discussion about modding older bikes to be awsome street machines, anyone game?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 08:35 PM

Heres my FJ:

Polished Stock Rims, Vance and hines ss2r (loud as a mutha,dammit) someone took the time and effort to dip all the footpeg mounts, brackets and everything else on the rear (even the sprocket bolts, which was stupid cause now its like 13.2mm and i dont have a wrench that fits!) The thing is a pretty darn good sport tourer as Ive put 12k miles on it since april, while shaving the footpeg feelers to nubs, and I also ground off a piece of the exhaust, which is looking mighty thin! Man this is a good bike-older FJ1100 or 1200 owners need to speak up! I wish I had better pic but, I dont.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 08:36 PM

p.s without all the crap attached, It looks pretty sporty, And i read the post about putting helmets on mirror, so I dont do that anymore btw!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 07:00 PM

heres my 82 kz550

it has a 610 wiseco big bore kit, dyna jet stage 3 jet kit, uni air filters, sun star sprockets, lockhart oil cooler, lockhart carbon mini blinkers, two bros. exhaust (sounds awesome), V&H ignition advancer, works fork springs, versah clutch, 2000 kawi green.
soon to have twin headlight streetfighter fairing, airtech solo seat,avon venom tires.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 04:58 PM

old bikes

i'm in!! just need to figure out how to post pix... my bike is in about 100 pieces at the moment but comming alon NICE... will post pix of progress is someone will pm me with the details..
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

I'm almost done fixing up my bike, I should be back on the road this week hopefully. heres a picture of what it looked like after the wreck, its actually uglier now because of several mistakes I've made, the biggest was melting my plastics by using the wrong paint stripper. but who cares as long as it runs, cosmetics can come later right.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 10:59 AM

Cool here a pic of my ol gurl

here's a pic of my 75 Cb 550F supersport... my father bought it 22 years ago from an older gentlemen that thought motocyles were too powerfull for him and I had it handed to me once i got my licence it rides like a dream only mod done to this bike was a Mac 4 into 1 header with a kerker Silcener
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

sweet, has anyone here done any vintage racing before? I'm wondering how that woks out and how much it costs.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 04:54 PM

I've got an 86 FZ750 that has almost 50,000 miles on it....stock except for a Corbin seat and a Supertrapp header. Still runs real strong. Needs a rear shock....I raced a guy on a 91 Gix-750 last year...wheel to wheel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode