84' vf500f - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2002, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

84' vf500f

I was wondering if anyone had input on exhaust for this thing. I just recently picked it up and man, what a blast!
I know Hindle makes a 4-1 set up for it, and there are the F1 slip on's, but I was wondering if anyone knew of anything else besides that.
Also, did that vintage vf motorcylcles share the same block and castings with only different internals? It is much easier to find exhaust for the vf700, and i was wondering if it would fit. Any input at all would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 02:08 PM

I'll try to help but I'll bet it is restricted to fitting because of three dimensions...

...the height of the exhausts from the bottom of the motor. Example- with early oil cooled GSX-R's there is a lot of interchangable parts. The exhast spacing on them is identicle. The height of the 1100 is taller than the 750. An 1100 exhaust will have plenty of room under the oil pan, but a 750 on an 1100 won't work. The 1100 on a 750 will contact the fairing lowers and would need trimming.

...The width of the exhaust ports. Are they spaced similarly on the 700/750/1000"s?

...the dimensions of the "V" the header makes. With an in-line motor all the ports are on the same plane. On your V-4 the ports are on two planes.

If it were my bike I'd see if it is withing a few millimeters and tighten the bolts on the header really well. It could work.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 10:17 AM

The mini-ceptor shared the block only with the V35 Magna, IIRC. The VF-700, VF-750, and V45 Magna shared a larger block. I'm guessing that the V65 Magna and the VF/VFR-1000 shared an even larger block, but I have no idea as it's been over 15 years since I've seen a VFR-1000. There's a few websites dedicated to the V-4 family that you can easily find with a good search engine.

I had an 86 Interceptor, but never added aftermarket exhaust. I did see other guys with Kirker and F1 slipons.

A quick check shows both are still available. These are the first places I looked. I'm sure they are available elsewhere.

F1 and F1r
http://www.cobrausa.com/exhausts/html/f1.cfm

Kerker
http://www.cyclemallusa.com/mall/exh.../k45honda.html
Tim

Last edited by tbzep; 03-08-2002 at 10:32 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 06:21 PM

V45 Sabres, Magnas and VF750F Interceptors shared the same block.
VF500F/C ('Ceptor/Magna) shared a block
V65 Sabre/Magna shared a block
VF1000F and VF1000R shared the same block I *think*

I'm pretty sure that the 700CC V4s shared the same blocks, as they were the 750s destroked,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode