CBR600f Hurricane, 1st Bike and Love IT!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

CBR600f Hurricane, 1st Bike and Love IT!!!

I got a CBR 600 this year and I absolutely love it. The thing has been babied and I got an awesome deal on it. Got the bike with a custom airbrush paintjob on it, a Hindle exhaust, and a stage one jet kit. In addition I got 2 helmets, 2 leather suits, 2 pairs of leather gloves, 2 stands, and a bike cover for it. It all cost me $2,500 Canadian. Is that lucky or what. The thing is fast and the exhaust tone is unbelievable. The guy who had it got it impounded for riding on a license that was suspended for speeding. He wanted $3,500 for it to pay for the impoundment and save a few bucks. I told him that all I can give him is $2,500 for that was all I had and he took it. Now I am enjoying the world of 2 wheels!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 02:06 PM

I got my 87 cbr 600 two years ago. 22k miles, been road hard
former track bike, down at least twice, wouldn't give it up for anything
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

I know what you mean. I'm in love with mine!!! Awesome first bike, handles like a charm and boy is it ever comfortable. Out of curiosity, what tires are you running???

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 08:06 PM

tires on my F1

This spring I put on a set of Michelin pilots. Well worth it.

120/70 ZR 17 on the front 32 psi
150/60 ZR 17 on the back 30 psi

Replaced a set of Bridgestone Batlax (or something) The diffrence was unbeleavble. I got a hook up from a friend paid 250.00 for the set I don't even want to know how much retail was on them.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 03:16 PM

Hey now,
I currently own two hurricanes but I haven't been able to go up on size on that rear tire to a 150. Do you have aftermarket rims or just swapped out rims with a cbr900rr. Huh. I can't even imagine selling either one.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2001, 07:21 AM

A Hurricane was my first sportbike. It was a 89 canadian model and I read in some mag that it put out 8 more hp than the US model. For tires I would strongly recomend the Metzeler ME1 race compound(if they still make them) I tried some bridgestones and dunlops, and the Metzelers were the only non-radial tires that really worked for me.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2002, 07:32 PM

88 Hurricane litre was my first bike. I miss her at time too. I used Avon Azaros 36/37 for mine. I think the front was a 110/70 and the rear was 140/80. The only tires I could find to fit it.

I got rid of it because of the CCT is a bitch and major $$$ to change.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 04:03 AM

Well after doing some work on my bike, ie tring to replace the rear shock, i've come to the conclousion that the swing arm is not OE nor were the safty wiring. So, the bike I bought that was suposed to have been babied was a peiced together track bike. Gotta love it!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 12:32 PM

Thumbs up Hurricane Parts for Sale

Great condition front fairing, Complete rear end from shock to rim (including the brake assembly), slightly scratched right faring, complete set of great condition mainteneacne covers, and other miscellaneous parts included. Prices are negotiable but I will not sell them for nothing. Please be reasonable. Parts must go soon. I will ship in proper shipping material. I have pics but interest must be shown first. E-mail me to let me know that you are interested. [email protected].
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 10:48 PM

I just got my '87 F1 three weeks ago, my first sportbike - and WOW, whudda freakin' blast to ride, i love it! Its in great mechanical condition, just needs a new fork seals and fresh fluids, and a little cosmetic work which i'll get to someday when i'm not so freakin busy with school... Its great to hear from other F1 owners - keep in touch in case i have QUESTIONS! hehe... take care guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode