Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Something to piss you off
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2004, 01:35 PM
spicersh
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja250F18
The gist of the ruling is that he was acting within the scope of employment," he said. "And the fact that he was convicted of a criminal act did not take him out of the scope of employment because it was foreseeable that his employer, whoever that might be, would have expected a traffic accident."

I never know that killing somebody was in somebodies scope of employment besides being a hitman. What a jackazz.
I was thinking the same thing. Most employers I know of have a driving policy that clearly states that even though you are driving on company business, if you break the law you're responsible. I can see a company paying for a car, gas, tolls, etc. I can not see them paying for tickets or other fines that were given based on the employees negligence by not following the laws of the road or the company's driving policy.

This whole situation stinks, but it is not surprising at all.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome