Sportbike World banner

i think i have a prob

780 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  apexismaximus 
#1 ·
its funny, i still look back at how i got into street bikes.my girlfriend at the time was in love with them.she would tell me how much she likes them and how she wanted one when she could afford it.at the time i wanted to get one just to impress her.this was back in middle school lol.

as the years went on,i never lost the intrest.it just grew.in high school when ever i saw a bike i would just get jealous and envious..as to "wish i had the balls to ride a bike".although after a few moments i would move my mind to somthin else.the fear of goin down pushed me away for so long.wanted to get into street bikes but o what if i went down.just plain scared honestly.

never really knew too much about bikes till freshamn year in college.i actually picked up some books on riding.learned alot.fount out that there more to riding a bike than twisting your wrist.and that size does matter (engine size-for a begginer).it is about now im starting to develop a tru passion for bikes.starting to see why so many of you ride,and why after a crash you would get back on.at this point i pick up every thing i can to learn more.even picked up some stunt videos to study.just to see how sensitive the throttle is and how the clutch works and how dumping it to fast wheelies and ect.watch moto gp and do the same.gotta love rossi :twofinger

i want to be good at it.not just average but i want to actualy have some skill.so im online askin question almost everyday.when i run out i think of more.just want to keep hearing what others hav eto say and learn.cant deny when i first saw that in a couple of montsh to a year i could actually be riding i wanted to get a literbike.yea yea i kno.luckily i asked around.so then i went with a 600.but with all the talk of go smaller for your first.youll have more skill in the long run then you would if you started on a 6.so i decided im a get the 500 or the 250.and ride the shit out of it.

so now goin into my junior year in college iv been saving up for the last two years.got side tracked cuz i had to buy a car but still in the process.lookin to get my first this winter when the prices drop a lil (go to school in fl so well stl b eable to ride).now i find my self thinking bout it 24-7.at work and only thing thats on my mind is what im workin for.come home and read the local cycle trader and sport rider ect.anytime i spend money i get upset cuz that a more money away from my gaol.i dont know why im like this.all of a sudden its all i think about.im excited?nervous? i dont kno.all i kno is its all that is on the mind besides my goals in school and in the gym.

i think i have a problem

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It's almost the same for me. Aside for some differences, the ambition and thirst are in my veins now. I reached 110 mph on a stock 4 banger yesterday. Not sure if it would go any further since the top end was extremly slow after 100, it would've perhaps, but I was afraid it might blow up the engine. And handling of the car became a bit risky. But I tried to imagine how terrifying it would have been on a bike. I also go to a college here in Florida.

I probably could get the bike right now, and when semester begins, I will be living by myself again, but it's impossible to convince my parents as of now.

#3 ·
To both of you. Put your money & your time into taking the MSF course. Most sensible thing you can do & a first step. Here is where you will learn the bits about handeling, clutch work, brakes, how to possibly stay alive on a m/c, etc.

king34: It might help if you would check over what you typed out & possibly make a few correctiong. Try not to abbreviate your words for not all are rap fans or understand said words. Make it so your Thread is not to hard to read by the normal motorcycle rider.

#4 ·
Try not to abbreviate your words for not all are rap fans or understand said words
Fo shizzle ma hizzle bizzle

Seriously though, keep saving and take the MSF early to keep yourself psyched up. I ended up getting all my gear before I bought my bike as well, its gets old saving up for a long time and not having anything to look at.

Goodluck with the bike :thumb:

#5 ·
As addicted as you are before even riding, all I can say is go to the MSF. I took the class in IL just for fun as it was free and was HOOOOOKED. Had no intention before the class to buy a bike but ended up on a 9y/o CB900F for $1000 within weeks of finishing the course.

Never regreted it since, gets better every year although your focus changes with time.

Just go get a decent cheap bike and start riding. Don't think you have to save 5-10 grand for that shiney almost new sportbike.

I bet I could find a dozen bikes under $2k within 50 miles of you that would get you started tomorrow???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.