NO HELMET LAW STATES - Riders: Helmet or No Helmet? (Poll) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: NO HELMET LAW STATES - Riders: Helmet or No Helmet? (Poll)
YES of course, I ALWAYS wear a helmet! 3 100.00%
I often go WITHOUT a helmet 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

NO HELMET LAW STATES - Riders: Helmet or No Helmet? (Poll)

(I apologize if there is already a thread on this topic!)

I have been riding for 10 years, off and on. I must admit I am fully guilty of not wearing full riding gear very often - including jacket, gloves, pants, shoes: even though I own most all of these items. I do however ALWAYS wear a helmet. But needless to say, I also do often think about the alternative!

Which brings me to the question/poll: I know what I've seen with my own eyes in person/etc (i.e. riders with no helmets and the frequency of it.) But do YOU riders here who happen to live in a no-helmet state, wear or don't wear your helmets on a regular basis?

I had one bad accident myself. It was bad in every sense of that word - but it certainly was NOT terrible, close to death, or seriously life altering (crippling, etc.) Say what you will, but I would rather be dead then unable to walk/brain damaged/etc.
A bad accident can be traumatic, VERY expensive, scarring both physically and emotionally, and take years to re-overcome. I have seen close friends go through this personally, and again myself as well.

And NO, I don't have a "suicide wish." I actually love my life! But I'm not scared to go out doing what I love either. Sometimes, living is CLEARLY not the "easy way" after a serious motorcycle injury.
Open for discussion!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode