Sportbike World banner

Should I replace my helmet??

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Greywolf55 
#1 ·
I had an accident like last month and my head has hit the ground big time. I felt that "bang" yet of course because of my heavy-duty helmet I just felt and heard it nothing more. No major injuries to my head - the effectiveness of helmet.

So after the accident, I got my helmet and my bike. Well I can fix my bike or somebody will but the helmet? I know somewhere the impact affected the helmet but I don't see any.

Should I replace it now? Or just let it be because I don't see any cracks or damage?

What do you think?

#3 ·
Definitely replace it after a significant impact. Can't take a chance with your head.

#4 ·
Definitely replace it. Its exactly like the others said. Its your head and you shouldn't take a chance with it. Any significant impact can do a lot of damage that you may not be able to see(spiderwebbing etc.). In the end it your head and your money so its up to you if the risk is worth it.

#7 ·
Scorpion

I was always a big fan of Shark over Shoei and Arai for value, but they're all top-cost lids. Scorpion will be my next b/c of cost and features. Hoping the venting is acceptable.

#9 ·
Glad you are OK , Helmets are good for 1 good thump , even if that's dropping it on the road . It's your head , so invest in what you feel comfortable with for protection . I've been in accidents that put me in the ICU twice and a good helmet saved my life both times ( Shoei and Schubert)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.