GPI Industries front and rear race stands - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up GPI Industries front and rear race stands

Hey guys,

I just picked up a set of race stands and I thought I would do a review on them. I ended up purchasing them from GPI Industries ( www.gpiindustries.com ) and to be honest, I am very pleased with the purchase. I was looking for a good set of stands at a reasonable price, especially with money being so tight now adays. I did some serching around on the web and came across GPI Industries and their motorcycle stands. After taking a look at what GPI offered, their price and what other riders had to say on some other forums, I decided to make the purchase. I particularly like that they are not bolt together like so many of the cheap ass ones I have been seeing around lately and these stands actually have a lifetime warranty...........onto the review

Review-

1) GPI Industries sportbike stands: www.gpiindustries.com

2) Price, about $135 shipped for the set. Ordered them on Saturday night and received them on Wednesday morning. Also, recieved tracking number same day. Fast shipping.

3) Stands: Solid one piece design: once the bike was lifted, it felt solid and secure. I even sat on the bike and nothing moved. Stands have good weight to them and feel nice and beefy, meaning that the pipe is thick and strong.

4) Rear stand comes with spool style lifters and universal style lifters if you do not have spools. Very easy to use.

5) Front stand has rubber sleeved supports to hold the bottom and the back of the forks and will not scratch them. Very easy to use.

6) Ordered them on Saturday night and received them on Wednesday morning. Also, recieved tracking number within 24 hours.

7) Packed nicely with bubble wrap and protected well. I know they are just tools, but its nice to see they care when shipping them.

8) Best part for me, the stands are covered by a lifetime warranty !! I had no reservations about purchasing them knowing that the company stands behind their products.

9) If you are looking for a nice strong set of stands at a great price, I would deffintaley reccomend gpi industries and their stuff.

Pics below......

Last edited by hyperflex; 05-06-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperflex View Post
8) Best part for me, the stands are covered by a lifetime warranty !! I had no reservations about purchasing them knowing that the company stands behind their products.
My stands were from a small manu who went under, so the idea of a lifetime warranty, while nice, shouldn't be a deal-maker IMO unless its someone who's been around a really, really long time. Like Pitbull, for example.

Thanks for the write-up! If you get a chance can you throw up a pic of how the front stand is holding up the fork? Basically from a closer viewpoint and askew the axle and stand axes.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
My stands were from a small manu who went under, so the idea of a lifetime warranty, while nice, shouldn't be a deal-maker IMO unless its someone who's been around a really, really long time. Like Pitbull, for example.

Thanks for the write-up! If you get a chance can you throw up a pic of how the front stand is holding up the fork? Basically from a closer viewpoint and askew the axle and stand axes.
Yea, I know what you mean about the warranty now that I think about it. But its still nice to know that a company is willing to stand behind their products if something goes wrong....thats how I looked at it.

Either way, I am more than pleased with the quality of the stands and they have been holding my bike up nicely since I got them.

I took another pic of the front fork attachment that you asked about, I really wasnt sure what you were getting at.............

Last edited by hyperflex; 05-08-2009 at 02:45 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 05:15 AM
Strength and Honor

That was it, you got it. My front stand has a pin pointing upward that goes into the fork at the bottom and it looked like these were different. Sure enough they are.

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
That was it, you got it. My front stand has a pin pointing upward that goes into the fork at the bottom and it looked like these were different. Sure enough they are.
I saw some other stands, that had the "pins" that you are talking about too. How stable is your bike using the pin style front stand?

The way these work is that they suport the bottom of the fork , as well as support the back of the fork too. When I got the stands, I gave the front handlebars a good hard wiggle and the bike deffinately felt nice and sturdy.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Strength and Honor

Well enough, I guess. When I pull the front tire, the forks can move slightly but otherwise its pretty solid. The problem with my stands is that the rear can't be adjusted sufficiently to fit my new Motovation spools exactly, so one side doesn't hit the groove in the spool. Nothing to cry about, just not ideal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode