Alpinestars Octane Leather Jacket - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Alpinestars Octane Leather Jacket

Here's a review of Alpinestars Octane Leather Jacket I thought I'd share with you guys.

The best part about the Octane is the quality. The stitching and the leather material is amazing! The CE armor is solid and is even stitched into the leather on the elbows. The back protector can be swapped out and upgraded to CE back protector.

Accordion stretch panels under the arms allow you to reach out with your arms without pulling on the rest of the jacket.

The price is a bit steep and for the amount of (or lack of) features the jacket offers - I'm entirely impressed. If top notch quality is your primary concern then I'd recommend checking it out - if your looking for more features then something else may be a better fit.

Our full review is posted here:

http://alivetoride.com

Last edited by phoenixfire; 05-01-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:14 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
Here's a review of Alpinestars Octane Leather Jacket I thought I'd share with you guys.

The best part about the Octane is the quality. The stitching and the leather material is amazing! The CE armor is solid and is even stitched into the leather on the elbows. The back protector can be swapped out and upgraded to CE back protector.

Accordion stretch panels under the arms allow you to reach out with your arms without pulling on the rest of the jacket.

The price is a bit steep and for the amount of (or lack of) features the jacket offers - I'm entirely impressed. If top notch quality is your primary concern then I'd recommend checking it out - if your looking for more features then something else may be a better fit.

Our full review is posted here:

http://alivetoride.com/alpinestars_o..._jacket_review
Link doesn't work, probably because the URL got cut up. Does it come with full circumference zipper? YKK or the small zipper?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 08:42 AM

Thanks, i was looking at this jacket and actually may purchase it. I hope I am as happy with it as you are.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
Link doesn't work, probably because the URL got cut up. Does it come with full circumference zipper? YKK or the small zipper?
Thanks Kanwisch, - I edited the link to go to the main page - you can find the review there.

Yes, it does come with a waist connection zipper that lets you attach it your pants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode