Shark RSR2 vs RSX - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to slaya
Shark RSR2 vs RSX

Hey, i'm looking to buy a new helmet, and i'm really interested in Shark's top end line up.

I've tried on the RSI, and the shape of my head doesn't seem to work with my shape head.

I've also tried the RSR2 in a medium (1 size too large for me, because that was all that my dealer had) thought it seemed really nice.

I can get either the Shark RSR2 or the Shark RSX for the same price, though the color of the RSX would match my bike better. Having not tried on BOTH to compare directly so i'm wondering if anyone has tried both and give input on them?

I'm assuming the sizing is the same, but how about every day riding is one better than the other?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:53 AM
Strength and Honor

If you can get them for the same price you should be all over the RSR2, especially if you tried that one on and it fit. I have the RSX but was shopping for the RSR2 when I came across a fantastic deal I couldn't turn down.

I love my Shark

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Cool, i figured that would make sense but i just wanted to be re-assured...

Ahh, so it becomes harder now since i just found the RSX for 200$ and the RSR2 for 275$

Does anyone care to sway me in either direction, spend 75$ more or save 75$..

Money is really tight for me right now, but if it's worth the 75$ then i could do that.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Well I ordered the Shark RSX Flag, for 215$ shipped...

Again, just wondering as there are no shops around here that carry Shark, that if anyone has tried both and comment on the differences, or what is better about the RSR2?

thanks.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Strength and Honor

Check out Shark's site to compare the RSR2 to the RSX. There are differences. The only downside of the RSX to Shoei's X-11, besides shield cost, is that it isn't as cool. Its definitely quieter (even with earplugs in) but that seems to go hand-in-hand with all helmets. If they cool really, really well, they are quite loud due to wind noise.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode