Shoei RF-1000 Acc. Question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Shoei RF-1000 Acc. Question

Here's the deal: Mrs Tree and I just bought new helmets. We both got RF-1000's (though they're called XR-1000's over here). She got a Fab, I got the orange Picotte.

I've been all over the 'net, looking for the best deal on dark smoke visors and breath / chin guards. The best prices I've found was from New Enough: US$35.99ea for the visors and US$26.46/set for the guards.

I need three visors (a guy we ride with also just got a new RF and asked me to get him one, too) and two sets of guards, a sub-total of US$160.89.

Their cheapest shipping for all of this to postcode 4285 in Australia is US$49.59, a total of US$210.48.

What I'm asking of you guys is this. Do you know of anywhere that I can get this stuff either cheaper per item or get them sent cheaper???

As usual, any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I want to get this stuff ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Strength and Honor

Shoei usually controls pricing pretty tightly so I'd be surprised if you saw much variation in price. Many vendors distinguish themselves with better shipping deals but it would appear those don't necessarily apply to you. Anyone (Vash?) live close enough to Newenough to go pick them up and ship them out to Cookee? Bet that'd be much cheaper.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 07:19 AM

I got a friend that travels back and forth to lubbock (right by shallowwater where newenough it based) on a weekly, I could ask. However I dont think you are looking at a great deal of savings ($10?) and will likely have to wait considerably longer. If I charge you for the gas it will take me to make the trip shipping will be more expensive than their deal.

However, Shoei helmets ussually come with chin and fog guards...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, guys.

kan - Yeah, I found one site that was a dollar cheaper, but their shipping was more.

Vash - Thanks anyway, mate. You might get the guards for free in the States, but not here. I got the pair of helmets for $400 under normal retail, so paying for the guards isn't too much of a concern.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

**UPDATE**

Visors arrived in the mail yesterday. Cost less than AUD$55 each, landed at the door, which represents a $20+ saving over buying them from the shops here.

Thanks, New Enough! Awesome job!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode