Sportbike World banner

Got my new gear!

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  moosestang 
#1 ·
I just got my new gear in today!
What do you guys think?
Im picking up my gixxer 750 tomorrow im so excided!

ok here it is!

Teknic Violator jacket
Shark RSI helmet
Alpinestar SP-X gloves
Icon superduty2 camo pant
and getting sidi shoa boots!

Will get full leather later!

See less See more
#3 ·
If you really like the gear, then its perfect!

I wish someone around here carried Shark lids :(

#7 ·
I'd get one from online but am really, really wary of the fit. My favorite online shop doesn't carry them and the others that do have a restock fee which I absolutely refuse to pay so that limits my options. IMO, since gear is so expensive to carry for local shops, the online retailers are ultimately going to be the real winners, but only those that provide the optimal customer experience of easy to swap sizes/models/brands without charging the customer out the rear.

Shoes are similar in nature and the major online retailers even provide the return shipping label! :topic:

#9 ·
[QUOTE I wish someone around here carried Shark lids :([/QUOTE]

Mordeth13 had a shark. just thought id say that.

Livevideo.com/Mordeth13 < for his videos, just again thought id say that, hes rly cool

#10 ·
I picked up my Shark lid today, sadly, having no knowledge of helmet fit, I walked away (and the guy who was helping me let me walk away) with a helmet too big for my head. So tomorrow I will have to do a little return shopping.

#12 · (Edited)
Looks good & some of the lines are well proven. I take it this is your first. Though my first in 1946 was my normal pair of oxfords, jeans, some form of a shirt, & cloth jacket. Later on included a pair of work gloves, to upgrading footwear to my work boots, to a tweed cap or baret & lastly pair of Army & Navy War Surplus so called aviator gloves.

An amazing difference for in those days there was NO m/c riding gear unless you delt with a British firm or a rare American firm & then it was so limited. You did not have a chance to try said items on, for you paid in advance & hoped that what they shipped would fit while what the items looked like was only in black & white print of the paper they sent. Basically these firms made custom fitting gear, but as a Cdn living up in Edmonton, Alberta chances of me travelling down to the States to have custom made gear or over to the UK for the same would be enough money to buy three or four new bikes (I had a '39 Indian Sport Scout & a '42 Harley 45 which to me were next thing to new. After all pay in those days was $80.00 a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.