Sport Tour - Bad Service - Reply - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Sport Tour - Bad Service - Reply

Fellow riders,

Should I have never started this process?

I guess I was just supposed to chalk it up to experience, right? How many times have you been taken advantage of and been expected to just grin and bear it? I just got tired of being the one that didn’t get anything for my efforts.

Vera, I'm glad you are loyal to your friends, but this really happended to me. I cut & pasted directly from my emails. Andy did not correspond with me and he left me guessing and I honestly believe if I would not have started this thread I would not have seen my money refunded. They never indicated that sending to a P.O. Box was a problem. They took my order promptly.

I'm impossible? I was more than patient. Look at the dates and the replies. I'm not making this stuff up. What would you have done?

I must set the record straight. I have that right.

Sport Tour did not offer to refund my money until I requested it and only after I started this post process. This was the only recourse I had, otherwise, I probably still wouldn’t have my money back.

I DID go to the Post Office, and it wasn’t there. Andy told me it went to California, not Colorado. I purposely sent Andy an email with a link to this forum and my original post. I made them aware of this post, not Vera. I not only emailed Sport Tour, but I called them on Aug 20th and Andy said I would recieve my products the following week.

After I requested a refund, Andy sent me an email stating the check was in the mail September 19th not the 12 as Glen stated in his post reply. I did not post this to “bad-mouth” business, just to let fellow riders know my problems and to be informed.

It is just now, or maybe because they are getting questions over this process, that they must feel obligated to say something, no matter how fake it is.

Their customer service was failing, they never let me know where in the process we were, I did not know, until this reply that the parts were on back-order from the OEM.

I am not telling un-truths. I am not intimidated by threats of liable suits (read the bottom of his post), because everything I said is true and I have saved every correspondence to back it up. Either way, I won't buy anything from them again.

I understand that everyone has a right to refute allegations against them, but nothing I said was untrue, even my opinions and added comments. That’s the way I felt. They have a number of un-truths in this post, but what difference will it make, whatever.

I wonder what recourse I have for them publishing my personal information on a public site without my permission. I actually request that it not be used. Well, then again, my request were never considered before. Thanks Glen. Thanks Vera.

FROM MY EMAIL: PLEASE NOTICE THE DATES AND TIME BETWEEN CORRESPONDENCE

July 9th – I emailed to inquire on parts (request quote & availability)
July 12th – Glen replied with quote & availability & contact info to place order
July 13th – I called & placed order
July 16th – I emailed to request order confirmation
Aug 2nd – My 2nd email to request order confirmation. I also requested my order be cancelled if they had not been sent yet.
Aug 6th – Andy replied that parts had been shipped.
Aug 7th – I requested more information to find my package
Aug 8th – Andy replied with incorrect P.O box # and state
Aug 9th – I replied stating I called & went to the Post Office.
Aug 15th – I email requesting an update
Aug 15th – Andy replies he will file a claim and does not know what to do since the package is lost.
Aug 15th – I emailed to state I should not have to wait for his claim.
Sept 8th – I notify Sport Tour of my refund request.
Sept 10th – Andy replied to state he had to reorder parts and base was on back order. (NOW THEY TELL ME) and to verify my address to send my refund check (EVEN THOUGH I HAD INCLUDED IT IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY EMAILS).
Sept 11th – I replied to confirm my correct address.
Sept 18th – I sent Andy an email with links to the forums I had posted to and an explanation as to why I chose to post.
Sept 19th – Andy replied that a check is in the mail.
Sept 24th – Check arrives.
Sept 26th – Check cashed.

July 13th to Sept 26th – 10 ˝ weeks.

What would you have done?

Fellow riders, thank you for reading this, for supporting me and for your discussion. The internet is a powerful tool and I believe in using your resources.

CC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode