Comments on gear? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Question Comments on gear?

I've narrowed down my choice on gear to the following. Since this is my first bike and subsequently first gear purchase, if anyone could comment on these, I would be appreciative. Here goes:

- Joe Rocket GPX Type R 2 Pc leather suit
- Joe Rocket High side gloves
- Sidi Vertigo Race Boots

Already have a HJC AC-11 "head bucket"

I'm looking into getting the leathers and gloves from http://www.imotorcyclestore.com. Anyone have purchase experience from them. Their prices seem to be the best that I've seen around.

Thanks,

SD40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 06:59 AM

Check out newenough.com They're cheaper than Imotorcyclestore.

Make sure you've tried on all of the gear you intend to buy at a local shop before you order it online. Proper fit is essential. If it dosen't fit, your gear won't protect you the way its supposed to.

Sounds good other than that.

Good luck!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by 98Gixxer750
Check out newenough.com They're cheaper than Imotorcyclestore.
Unless there is something that I'm missing, the J.R. GPX listed at Imotorcyclestore for 508.95 (w/ free ground shipping) and with newenough.com for 539.99 (I think w/free shipping).

Quote:
Make sure you've tried on all of the gear you intend to buy at a local shop before you order it online. Proper fit is essential. If it dosen't fit, your gear won't protect you the way its supposed to.

Sounds good other than that.

Good luck!
I have tried on all mentioned items at local shops before hand and tried on a size 46 of the GPX. I was a little bit snug and I'm just mulling wether to get the 46 or go up to the 48. Suggestions?

SD40

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:48 PM

Get the snug one. If your gear is too big, it will bunch up in the event of a slide, and then it's useless.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Get the snug one. If your gear is too big, it will bunch up in the event of a slide, and then it's useless.
Pete,

Thanks for the help,

It's made this process a whole lot simpler.....

SD40
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 10:10 AM

Yes, I've purchased from www.imotorcyclestore.com, and the shipping was very prompt and they were polite and informative on the phone when I called. Unfortunately I live in Canada, so I got dinged on the taxes coming in. Even though, i still got a jacket, helmet and gloves for cheaper than the helmet (AGV xr-2 Rossi) would've cost me at my local shop. Oh and they threw in a free tshirt too!

From what it sounds like you're getting this gear for riding on the track? If so may I suggest getting a more race oriented lid? I thought when I started riding, hey a helmets a helmet. This is true but riding at high speeds, setting up for corners and popping up for braking, the last thing you want is your helmet lifting up and taking your mind off racing. A lid that is wind tunnel tested and aerodynamically designed not to lift is well worth the money in my experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode