Suomy, Arai, Shoei.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Little J040
Suomy, Arai, Shoei....

Hi all I know ive been bugging everyone about helmets lately, but what is the general consensus on fav. helmet here, Suomy Spec 1R, Arai Rx-7, or Shoei X-eleven or Rf-1000.

Ive noticed that Suomy Spec1R's are around 480$ for race reps, while the other 2 brands are in the order of 6+ hundred.

Which helmet out of the bunch is the most comfy? I've tried on a shoei x-eleven and it felt pretty good, but havent gotten chance to try on the other two.

What about noise, and venting which of the three does the best of each?

Thanks!

-J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 02:57 PM

Comfort depends on the shape of your head. Some people may find one model more comfortable, while you won't like it. Gotta go out and try them on. When I went to buy my last helmet, I was intending on buying a HJC, because of the cost. But once I tried on the Arais and Shoeis I had no problem spending the extra couple hundred. But that doesn't mean someone else might not find a HJC just as comfortable.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i can understand that. The biggest difference that i noticed from my HJC to the shoei was weight. I can imagine how much that helps out on those extended rides...

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 AM

Shark
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 10:56 AM

I love my Spec1R. I've tried on Shoei's and the RF1000, but I didn't like them to much due to how loose around the cheeks they were. I've never tried an Arai but they look nice... though VERY pricy IMO. But I agree, try them on and get the one that fits the best. Get it offline though... store prices are way to much compared to the online ones.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm definately gonna be trying some helmets on soon, (Im almost done my msf course, and its convinced me to buy all my gear.) So, jacket, gloves boots helm, and pants are coming up soon, first being jack, helm, and boots & gloves for now.

I like the Spec 1R "crazy" graphics, they definately will make me stand out and hopefully give something for cagers to AVOID.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 06:46 PM

I have an Arai...fits my melon...I've tried the Suomy and the Shark lids...and my next one will likely be a Shark..

The reason The Suomy Spec lids are cheaper is cuzz they lack some of the features the top of the line Suomy's have, as their prices are in the upper 600.00 range, where as the top of the line RS2R Shark lids are in the 560.00 range, and have some really good features.

At any rate, it's hard to go wrong with any of the quality lids you listed. The Important thing is that the one you select FITS properly..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:50 AM

I like my Arai Corsair, I also like the Suomy but it is louder than Arai. I just saw some Shark lids yesterday and they seem decent. I know Arai offers different size inserts for padding etc.., I would assume the others do too.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Well I went to brockton motor cycles today to try on all 3 .. YAY.

Anyways I really liked how the arai's felt, but shoei didnt feel as good to me. Suomy however was my fave of all.

I ended up liking Suomy the best and just ordered my helmet online when i got home.

Its this one ... YAY [IMG][/IMG]
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

anyone like it? haha i find it very BRIGHT and somewhat flamer like but its still cool i think

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6383/p9030006sp1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode