Gloves and Jacket - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Little J040
Gloves and Jacket

I've just found out one of my good friends dumped his k6 gsxr a few days back and i saw the road rash he got from it... Pretty much I need to get myself a jacket and gloves too... I've been looking at Joe rocket gear as i like their style for the most part... Anyone have anything to say about the Twist jacket or the Rocket nation leather jackets???

I'm also interested in gloves because i can imagine slamming your hands on some pavement doesnt feel particularly good.... Anyone have any comments on the Joe rocket NOVA gloves, there part textile and part leather but there more in my price range then full race gloves, and i dont htink i need those anyways........

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 03:00 PM

Mate, gear should've been on your shopping list (and your friend's) before you even hopped on your bike. Helmet, jacket, pants, gloves and boots. Riding without it is just plain squidly.

I can't comment on the products you're looking at, but right now, ANY gear is better than what you're currently wearing.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

I whole heartedly agree, I've been wearing an extra helmet that we have, but no jacket or gloves yet... i never wear shorts on the bike its usually jeans. I don't know if i can afford jacket, pants, and helmet + gloves all at once right now. So im hoping for at least 2 of 4...

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 03:55 PM

Does the helmet hit you correctly? If not, you need to buy one that does. Poorly fitting gear won't protect you properly.

Next, a jacket and gloves should be top of your list. Textile jackets are fine.

Your jeans will blow apart the first time you even look like hitting the ground.

You can get away with a sturdy pair of work boots, preferabally calf-length, but atleast lace-up. They won't protect you anywhere near as well as a riding boot, but they're better than sneakers.

You should budget anywhere from $500 - $1000 for gear, depending on quality.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Im looking to get a leather jacket as I prefer knowing that they will hold up better in a slide. As far as boots.... I have motocross boots that i could wear but i think i'd look crazy
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 05:28 PM

Thumbs up

i went down to the local bike dealership and tryed on some gear that i liked and jotted down the info (sizes, etc..), then thanks to some internet links that people posted on this forum, i was able to log on and get the gear that i wanted and sve myself a few dollars. that's just my we all want the best gear at the best prices
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by n8ezr
i went down to the local bike dealership and tryed on some gear that i liked and jotted down the info (sizes, etc..), then thanks to some internet links that people posted on this forum, i was able to log on and get the gear that i wanted and sve myself a few dollars...
Vash has always raved about www.newenough.com.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

I really like the factory kawasaki racing jackets, but i can't afford them for i am just a college student. I work my A** off but theres no way i can afford the "Best".... even though i want it.

Boots and helmets is a topic that i don't know too much about... I like the designs of the Shoei Rf-1000 and the Arai Rx-7 (Notice a trend... of liking the most expensive ones).... but I can't afford something like that.

Boots seem to be nice, as i've been stuck wearing some non-steel toe boots lately that just dont cut it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and i'll definately be looking into newenough.com for some steals.

Thanks guys!!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

haha thx... looks like ill be busy at work looking all this stuff up tommorrow!!!

Cheers,

J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode