Tail Bag Question? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Question Tail Bag Question?

I have been going from site to site looking for a good tail bag for my bike. But i am not willing to payout alot of money on something that looks good online, then when it comes it looks like crap on the bike. does any one know any good brands/styles? not looking to have an carrie-on suitcase back there if you get my drift. hell, even a small net would be awsome to tie down a back pack, but all the ones i have found have been too loose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:47 PM

Re: Tail Bag Question?

I just use a couple of octopus straps to hold gear onto the rack, be it a backpack, picnic basket, whatever.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

thanks, i'll take a look into those straps. any other sujestions?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 06:12 PM

I would do a tank bag before a tail bag. Tail bags in my experience have a tendancy to shift around while riding, which can be very bad in a turn. But a tank bag is fixed to your steel or aluminum tank which shouldn't budge in a turn. Just my opinion though.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

thanks for that advice, but tank bags seem to get ppretty big. i think i am looking for the impossible. i am looking for something about the same size as a seat cowl. just small and can hole the bare essencials. if i had the tools, i would fab one myself, but with the way i get moved around, i don't have access to my tools nor anyone that may do it.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:20 AM

ima have to second the tank bag. there easier to lug around cause i dont leave anything on my bike that can be taken off it. already lost a helmet that way. people who take shit off bikes know that the shit is expensive and anything inside is just a bonus.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

the more people recommend tank bags, the more I am looking into them. they do seem big an gotty, but how is it when you're riding down the coast line or mountain passes and come across some twisties, how will a tank back effect my riding rhythm?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 06:07 PM

again it all depends what you put in it. yes if you fill it up pretty good it can get in the way. But you have to put quite a bit in it to get in the way. If your just traveling light thru the mountains it should be no problem. Down the coastline isnt a problem at all.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 06:09 PM

Thats were a tank bag has its advantages over a tail bag. Tail bags shift around and make taking curves a pain, but a tank bag doesn't move and once you get use to the bit of added weight your good to go. If you just want a little bit of added storage, look at these, very small bag , or this larger bag . Both are good bags, and on the small end. You just need to make sure that they are secure if you are going to leave them on your bike. There are also tankbag backpacks, which can go from being on your tank to your back really easy, but they are bigger than these bags.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

thanks again and is there any brands that can be reccomended. and how trust worthy are the magnetic ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode