Gear for tall rider - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Gear for tall rider

Hey I'm new to riding, and I'm looking for pants and a jacket I can wear in the summer. I ordered a JR Rasp (medium) jacket that seems to fit well in the chest and at the tightest setting is ok at the waist, but feels way to short on me. I'm 6'2" and I feel kinda silly in it. Even after hiking up my shorts to the highest level I would ever wear them at the jacket is still about a 1/2" short of the top of my belt, meaning when I'm sitting it feels like it comes halfway up my back.

So, I think I'm going to return it and look for something else. The problem is my size. I have a 40" chest and 32" waist and my dress shirts have 37" sleeves. Any suggestions for a jacket that will work in the summer? Honestly I would prefer it to not be mesh, although I might change my mind in mid August when its over 100. I'm just not sure I would feel safe in a mesh jacket.

For pants I think I'm going to go with FirstGear HT Air 2.0 Overpants since that seems to be about my only option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:44 PM

The jacket riding up when you are crouched on your bike is pretty common from what I've found. My jacket rides up a good inch or two above my waiste line when I ride. I think this is because if they didn't ride up, when we were walking around off the bike we would have the hole loin cloth thing going on with the jacket hanging over our arses. You can shop for anouther, but I think without going with to big a jacket (which is a bad thing for an accedent) you will find the same with all of them. I dunno anything about pants though sry
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

If it was an inch or two above while riding I could let it go. But it feels like its closer to 4 or 5. But, you're right, if I go to a larger size I'm worried it would be too loose and not work well in a slide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rasp.jpg (36.1 KB, 48 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode