Jacket question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Jacket question

I just bought my first sportbike leather Jacket. I have previously worn my leather jacket I have for my cruiser. I bought an AGV leather jacket off of the internet. I was wondering how these are suppose to fit. When I am on the bike, the back of the jacket comes up and well, if I didnt have my shirt tucked in, somebody would probably run into me because they would see nothing but asscrack and probably be laughing there ass off. Are they suppose to ride up like that? I have a friend that also has an AGV but a little different look to it and I dont remember even seeing his belt. I dont feel like the jacket is too small because the sleeves seem to be plenty long enough and its not too tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:48 AM

pull your pants up!!!

my alpinestars jacket also feels short around my torso, though I don't think that short. Just make sure it fits snug on you so that in case of a crash your jacket won't pull and bunch up while you are sliding on the ground, since this will make the jacket ineffective in protecting you.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Strength and Honor

My leather pants have padding up the lower back so I can't really tell where the jacket rides. On the rare times I wear jeans I think it might be a bit high but can't specifically remember offhand. Check other local riders?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 04:53 PM

My jacket rides about an inch or two above my waiste line when I'm tucked in all the way, but I think thats the way they are suppose to be. If they made them looser so they would look right during regular riding, we would then have loin cloth looking things when we aren't on the bikes
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply guys. I checked out some of the local riders and they pretty much all look like that. Its funny how I never noticed until I got a jacket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode