Tire suggestions? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Tire suggestions?

I've gotta replace my front and rear tires in the next 1000 miles. I have a dunlop 208 on the front, I dont really like it, it tends to take a while to warm up. I also have a Metzler M1 on the rear and its always sticky and ready to go. Anyone else have some moderatly priced tires with good performance to look into? I dont do track days or road races, I just like em ready to go so I dont need "track tires". Thanks all.

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Hey jackass read the 5,000 other posts on this subject.

Muhuhahaha!

Try out the new M3's if you like the M1 you got. Then theres always pilot powers.

-M-
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 06:49 PM

On my bikes I have been putting Bridgestone BT-012 on the front & BT-014 on the rear & so far satisfied though I am not a track rider, just one that likes to ride hard of the paved roads. The price is better then some & wear seems to be a bit longer in life.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Hot many miles are you getting on them? My current M-1 has about 4000 on it, the D 208 has a little more. I'm hoping to squeeze a bit more than 4000 outta a set of tires, but it comes with the territory I guess. I'm also looking into the M-3 but I've only found one person who has tried them, but he liked them.

Thanks,
Sepias
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 10:18 PM

i've been running D-208's for the entire 14k on my bike, i love em. unfortunatly they stopped making them. u might be able to find some (i got mine just after the switch). they replaced them with the...ummmm...qualifiers ya thats them. little more expensive but supposedly better. i get at least 5k outta my rears. 11k outta my fronts
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 05:29 AM

I am running the 208s, However my rear is now running on the belts in the center, thankfully (for once) its raining for the next four days and I will have time to get my new tires in, or else I would be riding out there on the belts and I know its not safe. I got about 2.2 thousand miles out of the rear and now the belts are showing, however I bought the bike and that tire was at half tread, so it sounds about acurate. My friend thinks that the mad wear in the center, and not much wear around the sides is the result of the previous owner doing burnouts. but anyway as far as the 208s or qualifiers goes, I like them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode