Anyone tried Teknic SMT gloves? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Anyone tried Teknic SMT gloves?

I'm looking for gloves that offer good protection, it cant get worse than my current ones, but also very light and cool for the florida weather. The Teknic SMT looks nice but I dont know if its going to be cool enough. All the gloves that look well ventalated are either out of my price range or just to unprotected. Input would be great.

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 10:22 PM

Just bought these to replace my old Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves: http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_...glove_page.htm
They run snug, but my last pair stretched so I'm not too worried at the moment.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

They look nice. How well do they breath? It's 91 down here and I dont want to fry my hands in the heat.

Thanks,
Sepias

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 12:11 PM

i wore them the other day. I can't tell if the ram air vents work or not, but my hands weren't hot and I didn't notice any other discomfort, soooo.... I guess they work. At least as well as my JR Phoenix gloves anyway. They look/feel more protective than the Phoenix gloves.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 03:19 PM

I've been riding with Teknic Violator gloves for 3 years now and finally bought a new pair. I stuck with the same brand and received them in the mail. The gloves were poorly made and really uncomfortable. I sent them back and got the Joe rocket GPX 2.0. I don't ever want to take these things off. All the stitching is on the outside so the insides are super smooth and soft. I too used to live in florida and I think these gloves will be pretty good in the heat. Part of the gloves are perforated and also has the ram air inlet. The ram air doesn't let a ton of air in but some is better than none. Joe rocket 2.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode