Tank bag?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Tank bag??

Anyone ever get one of these? I commute to and from class on my bike with textbooks and a laptop. Its a beast on the back. In looking around for a new backpack, I had a $90 calculator jump outta mine on the way home the other day, I came across some nice looking tank bags. I'm looking at this Teknic one right now. I'm not sure about the hole magnets holding it to the tank though. I'm sure someone has bought a nice tank bag somewere along the line. If anyone has any input I'd appreciate it.

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 07:41 PM

If you're looking at the Teknic chicane, I believe it's way to small for a laptop. Maybe someone else would know. Pay close attention to the measurements listed for diff. bags.
I love my tankbag but have never tried fitting a laptop. Check out Motobags on ebay. Mine has two sections so I can zip the top off and it functions as a backpack for days when I drive the truck.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

The Chicane is listed as 12 L x 9 W x 6H. What the hell is ? I googeld it and the only thing I could come up with was yard but I know its not that. Any ideas? The bag I was more looking at, I posted the wrong one, is this one. Its got alot more space for $20 more.

Sepias

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 07:51 PM

it's definately in inches.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking inches to, cm seemed way to small and m would be way to big. So I knew it wasn't metric.

Sepias
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:01 PM

wow dude that thing gets huge! i have the icon urban tankbag. i didnt pay $110 for it though...look at stuff from metricbikes.com. i think i payed 80 something. i have never had it move on me even when completely full doing 80-90mph. the backpak conversion is great. holds my helmet very well.

i get serious cases of mad retard disease on a regular basis, so having the clear map pocket is great for getting me un lost.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Yea I was looking forward to the map pocket as well. I take my bike to different job locations quite a bit and always have map quest to read off of. Its a pain trying to hold a piece of paper, read it and ride at the same time. The bag I'm looking at now, is the Motorbag off ebay. Its pretty big, about 4 inches bigger than the Teknic, and will hold my laptop. Its also only $35

Sepias
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 08:47 AM

I use a Nelson Rig on my CBR 600. I have to use the straps as the tank is not metal. I have had it on for months and it works great. I'll use a back pack if I have to carry extra stuff. I found the rig on Ebay. 2cents:
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 08:53 AM

wow... great post here, I've been looking for a tank bag as well since I'll be going back to school and don't want all that weight on my back, but a clear pocket for a map, damn, that's just an even more brilliant idea. thanks guys.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Glad to hear my question helped someone aside from myself

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode