Icon riding gear - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Icon riding gear

The asphalt recently ate my pants and jacket when i took a spill on my bike a few weeks ago, i was wearing joe rocket, they saved my skin literally, i slid and skipped about 30feet. Joe Rocket however is quite hard on the wallet. I was looking at some ICON jackets and pants, and was wonderin g if anyone out there, where's icon gear, and what they think about it. Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 06:41 PM

I have a pair of Icon boots, the SuperDuty 2. They are great, Ive also heard quite a few good things about their helmets but I haven't tried any of the other gear out. Look at FeildSheer as well. I have a FS jacket and it prices about the same as Icon and I love it.

Sepias
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

thanks i wanted to make sure this stuff was top shelf, and not walmart brand level LOL.

I am looking at their TiMax jackets in paticular, i like the 2006 model, but i think i am going to end up settling for the 05 model, if i can find them still

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 07:18 PM

Ive been lookin at the timax as well, ive got the super duty 2 as well, hard to break in, but solid boots. I also have the recon jeans, havent gone down in them, but the material, for jeans, is solid. The icon mainframe i have( skull) is comfy, lil bit of wind noise, and fogs up a bit much in cold weather, but i likes.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 07:40 PM

Have you tried the anti-fog spray coatings you can put on the visor? I've heard good things about that as well. Check out Newenough.com and kneedraggers.com as well. Both of those tend to stock older stuff for a while after they are ousted by the maker. Worse come to worse you can hit up Ebay, they just wont have that new smell. It took a while for your boots to get broken in? Took me about 2 days. Ofcorse the are the only pair of shoes I wear How fast is the rubber wearing off yours?

Sepias
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

yeah i liked newenough, i got my alter ego pants from them about 3 days before my spill, thanks for all the feedback guys, i think i am going to try out Icon grab me up some gear at the same time i pick up my bike.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 09:01 AM

The rubber is good on em, i really havent worn them much, but then again, thats cuz i needed to break them in, they literaly hurt some times.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 09:08 AM

Just wear them for two days straight with the buckle loose and they will be nice and supple. Ive worn a good bit of the rubber on the inside of them but they wear alot slower than my old boots. It took me 2 weeks of riding in my old ones before you could see the sole of the shoe. Ofcorse those weren't ment to be ridden in

Have fun breakin em in,
Sepias
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 10:29 PM

i love icon

icon is the shit man, i work at a dealership and thats all i wear
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 08:58 AM

I just got my hooligan jacket friday, had to order it in my size. That coat is comfortable, and supposedly crash tested at 180 mph, and didnt tear. Thats not even a leather coat!!! There gear im told is unparallel to any other in its price range.

I have the superduty boots too, they seem tough as a coffin nail. Got Icon pursuit gloves too. The price didnt destroy my wallet, and the gear seems good and sturdy.

Except for helmets. Go with KBC, cheaper and better im being told by some heavy riders and dealership employees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode