Just got my new helmet...review of Reevu - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Just got my new helmet...review of Reevu

It just arrived today...haven't really tested it out yet. I'm looking forward to checking out it tomorrow in the day-light to see how well it works.

http://www.reevu.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 04:58 PM

so how is it? how are you able to see the rear image inside the visor?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Z_Fanatic
so how is it? how are you able to see the rear image inside the visor?
Well, I rode to the shop this morning with the helmet. It definitely takes some getting used to and trying to figure out what angle/ position your head has to be in to be able to get the rear-view. It would be useless in any sort of aggressive riding (esp. in a tuck) but then, I guess we should be paying attention to what's in front anyway.

The helmet itself is very slightly bigger than a conventional helmet but doesn't seem to weigh more. The optical quality of the face-shield is first-class. I wear ear-plugs so I can't really comment on wind-noise. Relatively comfortable. View to the front is not obstructed at all by the little "screen/ mirror" but I think the "mirror" could have been a little bit bigger.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 09:37 AM

very interesting. does anyone know what stringent euro tests are for helmets, and how it compares to DOT and SNELL? or is this helmet already certified by either one here in the US?

is that a mirror of some sort that they use? i'm a little wary of that cracking or shattering IN my helmet during a bad crash. but that's definitely somethin' i'd consider especially if i decided to go for rlly long rides.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost Nomad
very interesting. does anyone know what stringent euro tests are for helmets, and how it compares to DOT and SNELL? or is this helmet already certified by either one here in the US?

is that a mirror of some sort that they use? i'm a little wary of that cracking or shattering IN my helmet during a bad crash. but that's definitely somethin' i'd consider especially if i decided to go for rlly long rides.
Euro safety ratings are typically way more strict than US ratings so I never have any reservations using Eoropean helmets that are not DOT or Snell approved (my other helmet is a ROOF Dimension).

It's not a mirror but some sort of reflective material. A mirror would be bad in a crash.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:18 AM

awesome, i just automatically assumed it was a mirror, but i guess it wouldn't have passed safety tests like that in the first place

btw, how much does one cost?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost Nomad
btw, how much does one cost?
Since they are still unavailable in the US, with the bad US exchange rate, they would retail for about USD$600-$700 right now but when they become widely available in the States, they should retail for about $400.

Here's a review on another site:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/reevu/
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 07:16 PM

That cost is not high especially to us Canadains for any decent helmet from the USA is $600.00 or far more. You Americans are accustom to obtaining the best prices in the world.

You complain about your fuel costs only over in the UK & most other countries including Cdn our fuel costs a higher. Same with basically anything. If you lived close to the border you would notice that Cdns would go over the border to buy American Milk & food for even with some exchange it is less costly & more varities.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
That cost is not high especially to us Canadains for any decent helmet from the USA is $600.00 or far more. You Americans are accustom to obtaining the best prices in the world.

You complain about your fuel costs only over in the UK & most other countries including Cdn our fuel costs a higher. Same with basically anything. If you lived close to the border you would notice that Cdns would go over the border to buy American Milk & food for even with some exchange it is less costly & more varities.
You know for all our bitching, complaining, infighting, and inbreeding, we Americans have it pretty good.

To quote one of the most important movies of our day:

"We're good! Yes we are! Now what do you suppose is in that case over there?"
-The Boondock Saints

America Rules, Canada Sucks! Hehehe

oooh, I need to cut down on B-12
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 02:57 AM

what else can i say, i'm a spoiled-rotten american
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode