scorpion and icon helmets - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

scorpion and icon helmets

does anyone here own one of these or has ever owned one? i see them advertised in mags, and saw some today at a shop. they didnt look bad and weren't too expensive. didnt have my size out and didnt feel like asking for my size, so i didnt try any on. anyone with info on these??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 05:41 AM

Got a buddy who has 1.. Hes not too happy with the icon..

He says it just seems to sit different on the face.. Its all a matter of opinion.. I would go with hjc if it were me..

All up to you..
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:42 AM

ICONS BURNER HAS A PERFECT FIT AND IS A COOL ASS HELMENT

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 07:15 PM

Tried out my new Scorpion exo-700 helemt the other day. Very cool and reasonably priced. I can actually feel the difference when I open the ventilation on the helmet compared to when its all closed. I couldnt feel that on my old HJC "Stinger" helmet. I stood in my liiving room in front of a mirror and tried to breathe as much as I could into the helmet and the shield will not fog AT ALL!! I then switched the shield (in a matter second with there new system of turning a couple of dials to remove the shield, and I replaced it with the light smoke shield I purchased. Guess what.. Same test NO fog. Not a single trace. I also gave the Scorpion a little road test. I wanted to see what the big
whoop-di-doo was witht his rear spoiler/ exhaust vent was. I recieved minimal wind turbulence to the head, the spoiler did balance out about 80% of the wind force thus keeping my head still for the most part. I picked the helmet up for $149 at an open house for my local Handa dlr. I would have to say the two things that drew me toward buying this particular helmet over a KBC was the color sheme (Geronimo style- Blue w/ white), and the ease of changing your sheild within a matter of seconds. Oh and thge fact that the company is only a couple of years old so not many people have Scorpion helmets, might also have something to do with me getting it.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vaneo1
I stood in my liiving room in front of a mirror and tried to breathe as much as I could into the helmet and the shield will not fog AT ALL!! I then switched the shield (in a matter second with there new system of turning a couple of dials to remove the shield, and I replaced it with the light smoke shield I purchased. Guess what.. Same test NO fog.
I would much rather hear what someone would have to say after riding on a 45 degree rainy/foggy morning. I have tried spraying "Fog Off" stuff on the inside of my KBC helmet visor, but that does not work very well. I will believe in fogless qualities of Scorpion visors when I hear from someone who tested them in conditions I mentioned above.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by veektor
I would much rather hear what someone would have to say after riding on a 45 degree rainy/foggy morning. I have tried spraying "Fog Off" stuff on the inside of my KBC helmet visor, but that does not work very well. I will believe in fogless qualities of Scorpion visors when I hear from someone who tested them in conditions I mentioned above.
Guess I shouldve mentioned I am on the freeway going to work every morning at 500 am, and Im no expert on weather but its pretty damn cold. And guess what? I still havent had any fog in my helmet. Im happy with the results and really dont feel I have to prove them for anybody. Im especially happy when I think how good it feels not to be throwing my money away on some anti-fog spray over and over. If you believe that stuff works I got a bridge I want to sell ya!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vaneo1
Guess I shouldve mentioned I am on the freeway going to work every morning at 500 am, and Im no expert on weather but its pretty damn cold. And guess what? I still havent had any fog in my helmet. Im happy with the results and really dont feel I have to prove them for anybody. Im especially happy when I think how good it feels not to be throwing my money away on some anti-fog spray over and over. If you believe that stuff works I got a bridge I want to sell ya!
Thanks, that's kind of what I wanted to hear. Although, your "pretty damn cold" and my "pretty damn cold" may be somewhat different. Your 10 day forecast has a range from 77 high to 47 low with 61% humidity. My 10 day ranges from 69 high (rather unusual, actually) to 28 low, with himidity in 70%+ territory.

Honestly, I do hope that fog resistance of Scorpion's visors is as good as they claim, and so far people's comments seem to confirm those statements. I had to ride home from work last Wednesday in a cool 50 degree rain, and between the spatters on the outside of the visor, and fogging on the inside, plus the glasses, it turned into a rather unpleasant experience. I am definitely listening with much interest to what everyone is having to say about the Scorpion helmets.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 02:10 PM

Just got an Icon Mainframe...
Slight different head position but fits better that my previous (sorry don't know the manufacturer). Fogging is a small problem with it (not cold here but humidity changes hourly) but about the same as the previous lid...

I'll Sleep when I'm Dead....

Spread the love. Literally.

My hoes are motivated and my teeth are gold plated

Friends help you move...
Real friends help you move bodies!

“Next time I want to borrow your balls, I’LL ASK!!!!”
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gottico
Just got an Icon Mainframe...
Slight different head position but fits better that my previous (sorry don't know the manufacturer). Fogging is a small problem with it (not cold here but humidity changes hourly) but about the same as the previous lid...
I have an Icon Mainframe too. and fogging IS definately a problem in the humid cold. theres also a strong whistle if you turn your head at 60ish... dunno why but it comes and goes or mabye its just me.. Other than that it fits great and hey... the flat black just looks good.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 04:48 AM

How is the weight of the Scorpion? I need a new lid and cannot afford another Arai....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode