scorpion and icon helmets - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 08:52 PM

I have a scorpion exo-700 and have never had an issue with it fogging up. As far as weight it feels light to me, of course this is my first helmet. I have riden friends bikes and used their helmets but not long enough to do a fair comparison. I would definatly say go get your a scorpion. Seems like a great lid and I wouldnt be surprised to se prices jump up once the name gets out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ExplicitZX7R
I have a scorpion exo-700 and have never had an issue with it fogging up. As far as weight it feels light to me, of course this is my first helmet. I have riden friends bikes and used their helmets but not long enough to do a fair comparison. I would definatly say go get your a scorpion. Seems like a great lid and I wouldnt be surprised to se prices jump up once the name gets out.
DITTO! The Scorpion EXO is the 4th helmet I have owned and so far I like it the best. Weight Wise I can really feel a difference but I can feel that it is far more stable once up to speed than any other helemt I have used. Not to mention the Anti-fogging properties are FLAWLESS even to this day for me.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by veektor
I would much rather hear what someone would have to say after riding on a 45 degree rainy/foggy morning. I have tried spraying "Fog Off" stuff on the inside of my KBC helmet visor, but that does not work very well. I will believe in fogless qualities of Scorpion visors when I hear from someone who tested them in conditions I mentioned above.
I use a Scorpion and have ridden many times between 4:00 am
amd 8:00 am on very cool mornings @ 30 degrees with Alabama humidity and I am very pleased w/mine. Price/Fit/Style not to even mention function.

Dlo

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 09:23 AM

I prefer the Scorpions over the Icon helmets. Inner linings are interchangeable and I thinki look and feel better. That's just my
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by veektor
I would much rather hear what someone would have to say after riding on a 45 degree rainy/foggy morning. I have tried spraying "Fog Off" stuff on the inside of my KBC helmet visor, but that does not work very well. I will believe in fogless qualities of Scorpion visors when I hear from someone who tested them in conditions I mentioned above.
Try wiping the visor inside and out with some soft soap(the hand soap). I used to use it with my visors from hockey and it worked good keeping it clear. Give it a try it can't hurt.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous01 View Post
does anyone here own one of these or has ever owned one?
If you want to do a quick comparision between helmets check out the following helmet comparison chart:

http://alivetoride.com/motorcycle_he...mparison_chart

Your comparison is simply between brands. Icon and Scorpion make several types of helmets all of varying quality. Icon and Scorpion are both middle ground helmet brands, but the lower end helmets they sell are on par with the higher end helmets made by a more value oriented brand, such as HJC and their higher end helmets are on par with lower end helmets by a more quality focused brand such as Shoei or Arai.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:51 PM

I had an Icon Subhuman Mainframe color green that was an awesome helmet unitl it was stolen. I couldn't find another helmet that fit so well and stayed cool when the vents were opened. I purchased a HJC just for something to where when riding and it cannot compare to the Icon. I will be purchasing another Icon helmet very soon. I did experience the whistling noise when I turned my head just like JK Dilla previously mentioned, but other than that it was outstanding.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 PM

i have a scorpion exo and ride in the rain and cold weather(25 degrees) and only fog issues i have is when im stopped at a light , when im moving no issues what so ever and its very comfortable , i think its all around a great helmet for the price
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 11:35 PM

Guess I shouldve mentioned I am on the freeway going to work every morning at 500 am, and Im no expert on weather but its pretty damn cold. And guess what? I still havent had any fog in my helmet. Im happy with the results and really dont feel I have to prove them for anybody. Im especially happy when I think how good it feels not to be throwing my money away on some anti-fog spray over and over. If you believe that stuff works I got a bridge I want to sell ya!
OMG @@ like
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode