Snell Certified M2000 Motorcycle Helmets - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Founder

Garage
Exclamation Snell Certified M2000 Motorcycle Helmets

(Note from Robert: I would never buy a helmet that is not on this list. A Snell certification is MUCH better than a D.O.T. certification!)

http://www.snellfoundation.org/certlist/m20cert.txt

For more info on Snell certification check out:

http://www.snellfoundation.org

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 01:06 AM

Why are some helmets only certified in certain sizes?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 04:04 PM

Certain Sizes

I don't have a bike yet, but I think i remember reading in the manual for my state that Snell certified helmets have to allow for a certain field of vision. I would assume that at the smaller sizes they do not allow for enough FOV to be approved.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2003, 07:46 PM

helmet sizes

Some helmets are not certifies with a SNELL rating because the helmet manufacturer has to pay a fee for every helmet tested.
for example: HJC CL series helmets are certified as SNELL with the exception of the XXXL size and the XXS size. the construction is the same but the sales on these sizes are so minlmal
( compared to the other sizes) HJC didnt bother to pay for the SNELL testing on them.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 12:48 AM

I read Shoei destroy over 1000 helmets a year just getting certification for the various Euro, Snell, DOT, ASA approvals etc. Thats a lot of bucks.

They have to due to the different rules everyone has. Ex: for visors Snell requires a plastic pellet to be fired at 500km/h whereas in Aussie they shoot a 6mm metal ball bearing at 176km/h. So helmets here normally have Snell and ASA ratings.

I wish there was an international standard. If you buy an Arai off the net and try and use it on the road here, you can still get fined as it won't have an ASA sticker affixed. Crazy.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 09:28 AM

Robert, your link is out-of-date.

http://www.snellfoundation.org/certlist/std_M2000.html

is the current one.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 10:41 PM

KBC helmets are Snell M2000 or not?

The Snell M2000 list is dated 04/23/2004, but it doesn't include any KBC helmets: http://www.snellfoundation.org/cert...td_M2000.html#K

But my KBC Racer-1 has a sticker inside stating M2000 certification.

Somehow I doubt that KBC would falsely claim certification but why aren't any KBC helmets showing up for M2000? They are on the M1995 list.

I'll probably e-mail KBC directly about this.

Last edited by Ichiro; 05-01-2004 at 10:43 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 06:53 PM

I new to this, but just bought a Bieffe GPR and am confused. All the web site information I find says it is Snell approved, but it doesn't show up on the Snell list. In fact, I didn't find any Bieffe helmets on the M2000 list (only SA2000). I'm almost certain I saw this helmet on the list at one time along with other Bieffe helmets. I like the helmet, but now I wonder about it's perfomance.

This may be related, every Bieffe helmet I see for sale is "close out" priced or "out of stock". Is the company having problems?

Any information anyone has would be appreicated.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:31 AM

Snell has come up with new standards. So your helmets may have made the cuts in the past, but now may not might their standards.

Plus this thread is misleading..Yes snell is better than D.O.T. , but all the snells I know of are D.O.T. as well. If you know one that isn't let me know. Snell is a foundation that test D.O.T. rate helmets to see if they can pass a number of test that D.O.T. don't test for.

If you love your head, then always look for a helmet that has been snell approved. It will have been approve by D.O.T. as well.

I'm not sure about the other testing standards. Just those two.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:34 AM

this should help those that don't know.

http://www.smf.org/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode