Sportbike World banner

My First Ride

905 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  EdgeRanger 
#1 ·
Well everyone told me not to kill myself being a newbie but this last weekend I got my first two rides in and sure enough I didn't kill myself.

I had to start going down some dirt roads for about a mile, there were a lot of bumps and a few muddy spots I had to dodge. So I was surprised in the traction of the R6 on those roads and got a pretty good feel for the bikes stability going <10 mph.

My first ride was out on the country roads to the gas station in a local town, I was running on reserve. I took everything at the speed limit and corners extra slow. I learned a lot about cornering and the shift pattens of the bike real quick. Didn't go much past 8000 rpms.

The next day I took her out for my second ride of the weekend I stayed away from traffic and still took corners easy. I did get a chance to feel the powerband from 9k to about 14k rpms in 2nd gear... man was that a rush. It felt great!

I'm hoping for some better weather here in Michigan. Just got all my gear and ready to ride again!

Dave

See less See more
#3 ·
Great to hear. There's nothing like a first ride:cool:

Now if only this damn rain would let up.

#4 ·
heather_g26 said:
Just because you didn't kill yourself on the first ride, doesn't mean your not going to kill yourself riding :D

Just take it easy ;)
Well aren't you the positive one:rolleyes:

#6 ·
Tippmann said:

Now if only this damn rain would let up.
No Fucken shit. It was so nice down in in VA all last week then monday came, bike has been parked.

spydave00.
Remember if you where on some back roads to clean that chain up, maybe put a little lub on it. I have put about 500 miles on my bike 01 R6 Don't think I have had it much past 10 Grand yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.