Sportbike World banner

High Beam vs. Low Beam?

863 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  zx7r94 
#1 ·
Okay, so is when to use the high beam vs. low beam on a motorcycle the same as in a car?

#2 ·
High beam all the time during the day, low beam at night. The last thing you want to do is blind a cager.;)

#6 ·
I'm sorry, i should have said something like never high-beam a car. Good catch.:)

#7 ·
Like the others. The high beam during the day due to most cages with lights on as well & besides I do not have a special powerful bulb.

In the evenings I slow down my pace on the hwys, back-roads & even in town. Using high when no traffic coming my way otherwise will drop to the low beam.

If at nigh it I come across a cage that is going slower then myself, on the hwy, then I signal with turn signals that I am going around him along with flipping the light from low to high & down again till I am just past the vehicle & shift onto high beams -------- latter is an old gentlemen's agreement used by so many traveleing salesmen & others on the 2-lane hwys of Western Cdn & yes it works with Americans close to the border.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.