Sportbike World banner

The Gap a.k.a the Dragon

7K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  jd7 
#1 ·
Anyone here live in Tn. I live just a few miles away from HWY 129.....lemme know if anyone's close

#5 ·
I live about 2 hours away from there. My brother and I have made a couple trips through it, i wasnt able to make the last one when a friend of ours went asphalt surfing in the first 1/4 mile past the motel. he just got a few bruises (full leather) but his bike was a mess

#6 ·
I use to live in Atlanta GA. and would ride the GA mountains to 129.Its the best fuckin ride.I once saw a shirt that said"deals gap 316 turns in 11 miles Florida 316 miles 11 turns"Funny thing i live in Fl. now and its so true.I miss the mountains.

#7 ·
Annual Ride

A few of my favorite pals and I take an annual trip to the Gap but we have made something called the "Gap Loop".

We leave Lexington, KY on US421 to US58 to Johnson City, TN.
Johnson City, TN to the Gap and back. Johnson City to the Blue Ridge at Boone, NC. Boone, NC to Buena Vista, VA via the parkway. We close her down by taking US60 from Buena Vista back to Lexington! 1700 miles roundtrip!!!

I live my year for those four days!:D Oh yeah and my special somone too!!;)

#8 ·
i'm stationed at FT Stewart, GA. my wife and i got up to the Dragon just before i deployed. it was awesome. a little chilly when we went there, in November.

we stayed in a little town mear there, at the bottom of the Skyway. we rode the skyway in the morning and just bout froze. we stopped at the top and i couldnt feel my balls. i asked her if i had pissed my pants, cuz everything felt cold except down there.
soon realized i was just numb.

rode the gap later that day when it warmed up.
she rode on back and had a blast, till i hit one of the corners a little too fast and crossed the line. no accident, well maybe in our pants ;)

we had a blast and plan to return as soon as i get back to the states

used just about every centimeter of my tires.......FUN!
Hope to get all my buddies up there with me next time.

Tofu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.