Sportbike World banner

How's the weather?

2K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Hysyde 
#1 ·
Ya know, I'm curious as to see who all is still riding around right now. Here it is...... (please don't hurt me)....... 70 degrees. :D

#3 ·
We're well below freezing, too. The ten day forecast is also all below freezing. :(

That's OK though 'cause, good weather or not, if you get the number of replies I think you will, then follow their suggestion, you're going to be too busy :finger: yourself to have time to ride.:p :D

BTW, make sure to wear a condom. You know where that thing's been.:eek: :D

#4 ·
Dad said:
That's OK though 'cause, good weather or not, if you get the number of replies I think you will, then follow their suggestion, you're going to be too busy :finger: yourself to have time to ride.:p :D

BTW, make sure to wear a condom. You know where that thing's been.:eek: :D

(sniffle) :crying: I can feel the love! :twofinger

#5 ·
The snowmobile people & skiers are in love with the conditions. LOTS of snow, well into freezing temperatures, frozen water lines, electricity failing, if a house catches on fire it will be finished by the time the firemen will arrive (which is not normal nor is the weather), many a cage cannot be started, sore arms & backs to those digging out their driveways & such. I skip the last as it is a short driveway & use the 4X4 bit of my truck. Oh yes the paper people like Kleenex & Scott are doing well with so many stacking up with snot blowing material as so many have colds to others with the flu.

My h/gun shooting partner has counted on driving his 2-wheel drive truck (it barely turned over last Sunday) to get a ride to & from the indoor range as it has a very, very narrow & (illegal) overly steep road with same overly tight bends that ONLY a 4X4 can get up & down on.

Just a quick run-down but feel you have a GENERAL idea. LOL

#6 ·
blankgazex said:
when i got up and checket yahoo weather it was 3, with a windchill of -12. high of 7, but tomarrow its going to warm up... 9 baby, hell yea!!!:twofinger 70... you bastard

Just be glad you weren't out late last night... I was staggering out of the club around 4am and it was -22. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't know what's going on out here on the east coast, but last week it was in the 50s and now we're below zero. What's next, dogs and cats living together? :dunno:

#12 ·
Re: Re: How's the weather?

slaintedan said:
Rick, you guys were -25 out on the Island the other night...time to take that trip to Costa Rica, right?

Dan - packing his bags and riding gear for a vacation to Costa Rica.
Sounds good to me...when do we leave?

#13 ·
The "high" on WEDS is -3. WTF am I doing here??

Tonight
Jan 11 Snow Showers Late 12° 60 %
Mon
Jan 12 AM Snow 30°/14° 70 %
Tue
Jan 13 Partly Cloudy / Wind 28°/-12° 20 %
Wed
Jan 14 Partly Cloudy -3°/-14° 20 %
Thu
Jan 15 Few Snow Showers 2°/-17° 30 %
Fri
Jan 16 Partly Cloudy 0°/-10° 20 %
Sat
Jan 17 Partly Cloudy 12°/0° 20 %
Sun
Jan 18 Partly Cloudy 22°/-1° 20 %
Mon
Jan 19 Partly Cloudy 18°/-4° 20 %
Tue
Jan 20 Partly Cloudy 18°/13° 20 %
Last Updated Sunday, January 11, 2004, at 7:34 PM Eastern Standard Time

Mother nature is doing me no justice.:finger:

#14 ·
I was up in vermont on a snowboarding trip last week. The averages at the mountain were -20f at the bottom, and -40 at the top of the mountain. And that my friends, is without the wind chill(and it was f**kin windy). I have never seen so many people with frostbite before in my life.:eek:

#15 · (Edited)
Tippmann said:
I was up in vermont on a snowboarding trip last week. The averages at the mountain were -20f at the bottom, and -40 at the top of the mountain. And that my friends, is without the wind chill(and it was f**kin windy). I have never seen so many people with frostbite before in my life.:eek:
Winter is teh ghey.:zzz:

Its been pretty nippy here. I took the bike apart (plastics/seat) so I can clean and what not, and just go start it once a week or so, since I didn`t prep it for the cold. I just keep telling myself the whole last year went fast, so spring will be here in no time. In the meantime I`m searching for another set of plastics and doing other small things to the bike for this season.

#16 · (Edited)
I rode to work yesterday. 68 degrees, little wind. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuutiful day!!! :D

Just driving that point home!:twofinger

Jester runs for cover in hopes that the mob will not find him.

#18 ·
Jester said:
I rode to work yesterday. 68 degrees, little wind. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuutiful day!!! :D

Just driving that point home!:twofinger

Jester runs for cover in hopes that the mob will not find him.
If i didn't have a winter past time, i'd hate it too. But i've always loved winter sports, and always invite the snow.:) Usually by the end of the season though i'm ready to take the bike out again though.

#19 ·
Personally I like winter. No street riding though.:(

Today was the start of our ice racing season, and although I'm not racing this year for various reasons, I went out the races.

A friend of mine was involved in a pretty ugly accident, and ended up eating his studded tire.:eek: Looks like he has a concussion and some pretty ugly lacerations to his face which might not heal so well given the nature of the studs. I havn't heard back how he made out at the hospital.

Here's what his helmet looked like after.

Attachments

#21 ·
Yeah, He seemed to be pretty shook up, but I'm not too sure how severe it was. I didn't get a close look as he had enough people crowded around him. I hope to hear in the morning how he made out at the hospital.

Here's what the tire he came into contact lloks like (and it was still under power):

Attachments

#24 ·
Hysyde said:
Personally I like winter. No street riding though.:(

Today was the start of our ice racing season, and although I'm not racing this year for various reasons, I went out the races.

A friend of mine was involved in a pretty ugly accident, and ended up eating his studded tire.:eek: Looks like he has a concussion and some pretty ugly lacerations to his face which might not heal so well given the nature of the studs. I havn't heard back how he made out at the hospital.

Here's what his helmet looked like after.

Damn, any word on his condition?

I saw a speedway ice racer lay it down going into the corner and the bike followed him into the wall, he caught the rear tire in the gut and, unfortunately, didn't survive. Ice racing sure is beautiful and fun, but way too dangerous for my liking. :eek:

#25 ·
slaintedan said:
Damn, any word on his condition?
It seems he's doing pretty well. Supposedly a mild concussion, and as many stitches as they could manage to minimize any scarring. but like I said, those studs don't exactly leave a "clean" wound. I can only imagine what was going through his head as his face met up with that meatgrinder.:eek:

slaintedan said:
I saw a speedway ice racer lay it down going into the corner and the bike followed him into the wall, he caught the rear tire in the gut and, unfortunately, didn't survive. Ice racing sure is beautiful and fun, but way too dangerous for my liking. :eek:
Damn. That's shitty. Not that I'd want either, but I'd rather get up close and personal with studs (I have a few times, but mostly in protected areas) then those nasty spikes that speedway guys run. :eek:

#26 ·
Hysyde said:
It seems he's doing pretty well. Supposedly a mild concussion, and as many stitches as they could manage to minimize any scarring. but like I said, those studs don't exactly leave a "clean" wound. I can only imagine what was going through his head as his face met up with that meatgrinder.:eek:
I'm sure the surgeons had a hell of a time putting things back together. Facial scarring can be very damaging to the psyche...I hope for your friend that he heals up quickly.

Hysyde said:
Damn. That's shitty. Not that I'd want either, but I'd rather get up close and personal with studs (I have a few times, but mostly in protected areas) then those nasty spikes that speedway guys run. :eek:
Yeah, those spikes are nothing to mess with. I remember the first time I saw a speedway ice tire and I thought to myself how scary it looked. I can only imagine the pain that rider must have felt when his bike's spinning tire tore into his stomach and basically gutted him right there on the ice. You never want to see anybody hurt, but circumstances like that really tug at your heartstrings. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.