05/07/01 - Dragging your knee. - Page 8 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by schpreck
ESPECIALLY when you only have 3 systems for the entire season!!!!
Oh WAHHH Focking WAHHHHHH.

Only 3 for the season, sheeeesssssse

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 05:46 PM

Great advise as usual

Excellent posts as always apexiusmaximus. I personally don't believe that if you put a knee down on a public road you are a squid. If that is the case then anyone who rides there bike/tires hard enough must be a squid too. Personally I have not put my knee down yet, but I have scraped my toe sliders. If you are getting over to do that, or if you have no weenie (chicken0 stripes on your tires then you are over far enough to put a knee down. After following a friend around who regularly scratched, i noticed that on some tuns, I actually leaned further than he did- yet he had his knee down! He simply used his weight on the outside othe bike, with his knee down to turn, and therefore needed less lean angle than me. For me it just makes me nervous to hang thatfar off. As I feel myself getting closer to the ground i instinctively tuck my leg in tighter to the tank and get my foot higher on the peg. One of these days, this summer i am gonna try your clover leaf idea.
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 04:01 AM

I don't think you can safely drag a knee on a public road. You're either going to fast or are hanging off the bike excessively.

On the track however, I drag as a reference point or if the rear wheel starts to go out from under I have used my knee to stabilize the bike or even push the bike back up. But dragging a knee in every corner isn't needed all the time by all riders.

post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 04:27 AM

Knee Draggin

Oh and of course when I ride my daughters Z50, I can't help but drag a knee. (As seen on "50 Nuts", my 15 minutes of fame)
post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joey916
I don't think you can safely drag a knee on a public road. You're either going to fast or are hanging off the bike excessively.
That's just because the roads you have are not as tight as out here in the canyons and mountains. Here there are many places where you can get a knee down at well under 50mph AND see through the corner well enough not to run over by oncoming traffic in the wrong lane.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode