05/07/01 - Dragging your knee. - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 748 abuser

LOL! Bonehead.

Oh, wait a second, I don't wear boots. It's tennis shoes for this guy!
Tennis shoes will work but to pull it off you have to get the ones with the flashing lights in the heel. They pull the most tail.....

Personally, I bought the flashiest boots I could find. Get the Sidi vertebra race ones with the chrome on them. Shine 'em up and your good to go. Don't wear jeans though because you'll just cover 'em up and that ruins the effect. Shorts are the only way to go. Really shows off the boots. Oh, and get some sparking knee sliders to strap to your legs. A complex back protector with no shirt is a good idea too. All the gear really shows people how fast you are. If you decide to wear a helmet (I recommend just a pair of Oakleys but to each his own) make sure you get one with a shark fin on top. Don't bother to thank me. I'm always willing to mentor a new rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 01:09 AM

Talking

Yes, I get my knee down all over the place.. sorry, I'm a criminal, I know.
After almost 5 seasons of racing and track days, I can still ride with a comfortable margin of error, and if my knee is just skimming the ground I find it A LOT easier to judge corner speed and lean angle.
This does NOT however mean that I think this is a SAFE way to ride around town on your way to work! There is way too much sheeot on the street to go that quick in town. If your going to do it, make sure you go to you're favorite "closed testing facility", then pre-ride the section of road you're going to go 'balls-out' on BEFORE you go 'balls out'.

Play safe!

Last edited by kevie88; 08-21-2001 at 01:13 AM.
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 02:15 AM

Oh, and dont forget your sparkly kneesliders! A few friends of mine and I have those for track days.. pass a guy on the outside and shower him with sparks... too much fun!

post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevie88
Oh, and dont forget your sparkly kneesliders! A few friends of mine and I have those for track days.. pass a guy on the outside and shower him with sparks... too much fun!
That was you?!! Just kidding. Nice picture. Forget dragging knees it looks like you could drag your head on that concrete wall.
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman
it looks like you could drag your head on that concrete wall.
Your experience speaks for itself, James. Dain bramage must suck.

Sparkly knee-sliders? What do those do? I don't think I've seen those. I still say that dragging your knee's is dangerous. That's just crazy.
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 748 abuser

Your experience speaks for itself, James. Dain bramage must suck.

Ignorance is bliss. But I'm sure you already know that.
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 08:59 AM

Dragging my knee

I finally did it this weekend. I was able to get both knees down; only problem was that I was about five feet behind my bike when I was doing it.
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 09:25 AM
Sage

Used to do it on a "every sunday" basis, then I grew up and took it to the track. If I can find the picture of the old 600 hurricane I'll post it.
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman

That was you?!! Just kidding. Nice picture. Forget dragging knees it looks like you could drag your head on that concrete wall.
Yeah, unfortunately that corner has a wall on the outside, too! AND it's the last corner leading on to the str8away, so you gotta rip thru there to get a good drive.
I've brushed my shoulder on it once or twice, you should come real close if you are on the line.. I was a little wide in that picture.

Quote:
748 Sez:
Sparkly knee-sliders? What do those do? I don't think I've seen those. I still say that dragging your knee's is dangerous. That's just crazy.
They have chunks of titanium cast into the plastic, and they throw off about 6 feet of sparks out the back. I'm not allowed to use them in races, tho! (apparently it distracts people.....lol)
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 06:07 PM

Here's a pic of some guy with sparkly knee sliders, yesterday:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode