05/07/01 - Dragging your knee. - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 11:15 AM

I dragged for the first time last weekend at Summit Point, JC. The first time was exactly 1 lap before I crashed in the same turn (see "popped our track cherry" in club racing and track days forum), and then just about every lap afterwards. Even touched down the left on the last turn before the back straight. After that it just kind of clicked and I was able to use it as a gauge for my lean angle. Too bad I killed the excitement by wadding it up. Oh well...

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 12:10 PM

Clockwise at Summit Point Jefferson Circuit turn One. Last week at the track day my right knee Puck, Toe Puck, Rear Brake Lever, Foot Peg and lower fairing...easy.
It seemed like so much pressure was on my leg that the tires were lifting a bit limiting traction.
The left side is limited on my bike due the funky kickstand, but I've got that thing worn just about to a nub.

If your going to be doing a few track days and your toe pucks are scraping, order new pucks as they shrink quickly.
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 12:50 PM

Cool

All this talk about knee-dragging is making me envious. Man, someday...

Just keep it on the track guys. There's never any reason to do that on the street.

post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 05:44 AM

I havent got full leathers yet so i didnt drag my knee at summit with but i scraped up my fairing in two places and my pipes.
Need to get those leathers!!
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 07:18 AM

perfect corners on the beltway eh....

hey cliffrock, which ones are they exactly, I'll check them out this weekend. Oh by the way, do you ever go to metro weekend nights? Sometimes they got some nice bikes up there.There is this guy with a sweet ass R1 which has those... what do you call them I guess you would call them strobe lights.... the white lights that are flashing when his bike is off, and he's just sitting there. I've never seen those on a bike before, but all them imports have them.
Oh, and to go with the topic.... no I haven't dragged my knee yet.
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 07:59 AM

Question

748Abuser,
Just curious, but which do YOU think is more "squid-like" - doing wheelies, or, dragging your knee? Also, Which do YOU think is easier? Just curious, thats all.
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 09:07 AM

squid?

That's a tough call, it's hard to find corners on the street that you can commit to enough to get a knee down. Off ramps are good but the run off area usually isn't very inviting.
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RedVTR
748Abuser,
Just curious, but which do YOU think is more "squid-like" - doing wheelies, or, dragging your knee? Also, Which do YOU think is easier? Just curious, thats all.
I can't say, Red. I can't do either of them, but I sure do think it looks cool!
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 748 abuser

I can't say, Red. I can't do either of them, but I sure do think it looks cool!
That's OK man, what's important is that you try. For kneedragging just do what I do: Hook the bootheel of your outside leg under the edge of the seat and hang off so far that you don't have to do any of that scary leaning stuff to get a kneedown. Works like a charm and it looks really cool too! People will think you're the shit.
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman
That's OK man, what's important is that you try. For kneedragging just do what I do: Hook the bootheel of your outside leg under the edge of the seat and hang off so far that you don't have to do any of that scary leaning stuff to get a kneedown. Works like a charm and it looks really cool too! People will think you're the shit.
LOL! Bonehead.

Oh, wait a second, I don't wear boots. It's tennis shoes for this guy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode